Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Random thoughts for August....

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:10 AM
  • 16 Replies

Here's a post for random thoughts for today, tomorrow, or any day for the rest of the month....write about anything.  You know, how your day went, what's your plans, what's on the menu,  or use it to vent etc.

Sometime getting things off your chest just helps so use this to do it!!!!!!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TRswifey
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:11 AM

So I'll start.  It's hot here today with a chance of more storms.  Last nights storms were a doozy.  I've got to run and take care of our car registration.....you'd think that we pay enough for the vehicles that you'd get a break LOL!

Dinner tonight is undecided because my day has been a tad off.  But I'm thinking of Crispy chicken wraps or salad...not sure.

bitchaboutinlaw
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Has anyone made a meatball stew in the crock?   Was thinking about it but I have fresh meatballs and didn't want them to turn to mush... ???

TRswifey
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Quoting bitchaboutinlaw:

Has anyone made a meatball stew in the crock?   Was thinking about it but I have fresh meatballs and didn't want them to turn to mush... ???

How 'bout this

Old Fashioned Meatball Stew

Ingredients:

• 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
  • 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs, plain or seasoned
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • salt and pepper, about 1/4 tsp. each, or to taste
  • 1 1/2 to 2 lbs ground beef
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 4 to 5 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1 or 2 carrots, sliced about 1/2-inch thick
  • 2 ribs celery, chopped, or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried celery flakes
  • 1 medium onion, chopped coarsely
  • 1 can (10oz) cream of mushroom soup (can use Healthy Request or other low-fat)
  • 1 can (10oz) tomato soup

Preparation:

Mix eggs with dried onion, bread crumbs, Worcester sauce, and salt and pepper. Blend meat in and mix thoroughly. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Form meat mixture into meatballs about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter; brown on all sides in hot oil. While meatballs are browning, place the potatoes, carrots, and celery in a Crock Pot (3 1/2-quart or larger). Using a slotted spoon or spatula, place browned meatballs on the vegetables. Quickly brown the onions and add to the Crock Pot. Pour soups over all; cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours (3 1/2 to 5 on high). Taste and adjust seasonings before serving.
Serves 4 to 6.
bitchaboutinlaw
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:16 PM

This is exactly the recipe I have been pondering over!!   I guess now I will have to try it!! thanks :)

Melissabear3
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 7:23 PM

The summer has blown by. Tomorrow 2 of my 3 kiddos start back to school. THe 3rd starts the week after.

I forgot they all needed gym shoes, so I was running around today getting them shoes and the stores cray. Yes, I do buy my kiddos new shoes every school year.

I have to make dinner and get everything ready for tomorrow. 

sassymomntx1961
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 10:23 AM

DD went to her 1st day of 4th grade today.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

sassymomntx1961
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 10:07 PM

DD had a pretty good day

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

sassymomntx1961
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Extreme heat in Tx,Earth Quake in Va and a Hurricane heading towards East coast.Plz everyone stay safe and dont take anything for granted.

VanBurren
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 5:15 PM

I haven't been on this site for quite a while, so I feel kinda lost here now.  I really should've tried to be on here more.  This is a great group for getting crock recipes; I've even been neglecting my crock:(

VanBurren
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 8:02 PM

My sweetie was diagnosed with diabetes over the weekend.  His prescriptions cost us $90 with his insurance.  Without insurance, it would have cost over $600!  What in the world do people do when they don't have insurance?????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)