Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

por roast with veggies

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 2:28 PM
  • 15 Replies

Im havign the hardest time finding a slow cooker pot roast and veggie recipe. I dont want to put ginger or anyhtign crazy...how do you guys make a pot raost with carrots onion celery and potatoes?

thanks!

by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 2:31 PM
dried onion soup mix, a little salt, pepper, water and there ya go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jgd12408
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 2:51 PM

thanks!

kabrooks
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 4:17 PM

I  do mine with carrots and potatoes. I use cream of mushroom soup (makes a super yummy gravey almost)  and a package of dried onion soup mix and occsaionall some onions (not an onion fan).

momof2Iliyjosh
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM

sometimes a gravy packet and water but I use the onion soup mix also.

Sweet_Carol_126
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I love onions so I like to put either whole or half onions.  I have never put in celery.  I do put whole carrots and potatoes either half or whole depending on the size of potatoes. and the onions with the roast.  I put  water or beef stock in the bottom of the crock pot.  Low and slow is better than fast and high.  The length of time on low depends on the size of the roast.  Minimum 4 hours but more likely 6 hrs or so.  I'd have to try it and have weight of roast to be able to tell.   You can try some spices too, like cayenne, cinnamon, adobe powder, brown sugar, garlic, salt and rb it all on that roast before you cook it but it may be too sweet for a roast.  Was fantastic on ribs.    On the ribs I ut on maple syrup and broiled it when it was done.  I am a bit excited as it was so good.  Wish I could figure out how to do that in a crock pot.  i'll have to try a rub the next time i do a roast in the crock pot.

becky64
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 3:03 PM

melt in your mouth beef pot roast

Ingredients

• 1 pound medium red potatoes, quartered
  • 1 cup fresh baby carrots
  • 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 1-1/2 cups beef broth

Directions

• Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, rosemary, garlic salt, thyme and pepper; rub over  roast.
  • Place in slow cooker; top with onion and broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
becky64
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 3:05 PM

sometimes i just put roast in then add potaoes, carrots,celery,onions and then add some salt and pepper can add onion soup mix  if you like and a little water cook on high for 5 - 6 hours and eat.

sassymomntx1961
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Will boneless pork work w/ theses recipies?

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

becky64
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 3:59 AM

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

Will boneless pork work w/ theses recipies?

here is a nice pork roast one for you

body

1 (3 pound) pork shoulder roast 1 quart vegetable broth, 1 cup sherry, 3 cups peeled- chopped potatoes, 2 cups pearl onions, 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms, 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper salt to taste

Directions

1. Place the pork roast in a slow cooker. Pour in the vegetable broth and sherry. Mix in the potatoes, onions, mushrooms, rosemary, and pepper.
  2. Cover, and cook on Low at least 8 hours, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Season with salt to taste

becky64
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 4:01 AM

dr pepper pork chop recipe. or can use pork raost

4-6 pork chops (I tend to feed a lot of people, so it can actually acomidate more)
1 can Dr Pepper
12 oz Ketchup (I substitute with Chili sauce for a little more pzazz)
2 tbs worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
toss in the cock and cook on low for at least 6 hours or until the pork chops are cooked through.  I like to remove the chops and whisk in a tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken the sauce into a gravy but flour will work.  that part is totally optional. we serve over rice. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN