Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever hosted a .....

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 2:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

Have you ever hosted a cookie exchange party over the holidays? If so, how did you host the party? What were the cookie requirements? What did you do that was successful? What would you do differently?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I want to know as well.  I have been thinking of trying to do this but I am not sure where to even start.

by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 3:59 PM
We want to use it as a "meet and greet" for neighbors. I have lived here for 4 years and only know 2 families.
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:22 PM
bump as it sounds fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I use to do one with my sisters.   Each of us would bring the items for 3 kinds of cookies.  It had to make a least 3 dozen( 2 to share and 1 to take home.   There are 3 of us so you would end up with 9 kinds of cookies a dozen each.   You bring your own containers to take the stuff home in.  I have 2 ovens so that would make it go faster.   We would all help decorate and eat them.  We would spend all day doing this.

We stopped as our kids got older.   Now my duaghters and I make cookies at christmas.  We do it when they come home from college.  Last year we made over 700 cookies. 

I would suggest to get the people to bring the stuff for 1 kind of cookie and to make enough for each person to take home a dozen.  I know some people do it that you bring them already made and you just exchange the cookies with everyone and the hostess has treat to eat.  You might want to ask them to bring a copy of the cookie recipe so that way people could make more at home if they like them. 

by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 7:01 AM

I have done this a few times with family and/or friends. Each person brought a dozen cookies packaged up for each person attending. For example, 10 people participating, bring 9 dozen packaged up individually (you don't need a dozen for yourself). The cookies can be packaged up like presents if you like, you can include recipes if you want, and even make it a nice potluck for some social time!

by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 8:48 PM

We are doing this at my local playgroup!!!! I have no idea what to make.. I'm seriously thinking of making Whoopie Pies....

by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Can you make cookies in the crock pot?

by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 9:42 PM

We used to do this in my neighborhood. There were about 10 women who attended. We made 11 dozen cookies each. 10 were for the other women to take home. 1 was to eat at the party. We also had to bring copies of our recipes in case anyone wanted to make them at home.

We each brought our favorite mug and some kind of coffee, tea, or hot cocoa to share. It was a nice afternoon to visit and meet some ladies around me.

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I have!  Everyone brings in several dozen cookies (in theory everyone leaves with 1 to 1/2 dozen of each kind of cookie) with recipe cards for everyone.  We didn't limit the type of cookie and it was a huge success.  Several of us are thinking about doing this exchange but with treats like chocolate covered pretzels etc. 

by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I have personally never done one, but I have thought it would be something fun to do either as a girls night(with a couple of christmas cocktails) or with all the girls in my SOs family(there are quite a few)! I just got to figure out where to start!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN