Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you cooking for Xmas and New Years ?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 8:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

Are you and your family very traditional ? Will there be a Xmas Eve breakfast lunch and or dinner,? What about on Xmas day and the days that follow ?  Lets not forget New years.

What meals will be shared ? Who cooks, and who just comes to eat ? lol 

I would love to hear your families way of enjoying the Holidays 

Are you in need of more delicious recipe ideas for the family ???

Well, be sure to check out our Crock Pot Moms  ~ Cook Book  - click here 

& our sister group : Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Anyone Can Cook Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ  ~ Cookbook -- click here 

The Anyone Can Cook Book has recipes for grilled, stove top, oven, casserole, soups, sandwiches, desserts and more 

by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alieda
by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM

For Christmas Eve it just want ever we feel like  maybe some cake for dessert a hold over from when I use to fix a birthday cake for Jesus every Christmas Eve when Jeff was little.

For Christmas the boys get they ham which is just warm up . We will also have cornbread stuffing , glazed carrots,  rolls , and Christmas Punch. We will have pecan pie for dessert.

For New Years Day we will have black eyes peas ( for the guys for good luck) Corn and beans mix together for me ( for good luck) some more cornbread stuffing, some ham or chicken.

TwinSoccerMom
by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 1:43 PM

We go to my in-laws for Christmas and they don't have a meal they make every year. Depends on what they feel like making.  MIL has made a lasagna the last few years as well as a ham.  Growing up we had a smaller version of Thanksgiving dinner - turkey but less of the side dishes - on Christmas day.  Often mom would also make a ham in addition to the turkey.

Our immediate families' tradition is a breakfast casserole for breakfast/brunch on Christmas Day.  This year I plan to throw some chili in the crockpot so we can eat whenever we feel like.

rocamom
by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 8:41 PM

My Dad is cooking Christmas dinner (we're eating prime rib and turkey)..

New Years we have a tradition of making Cheese and chocolate fondue..  YUMMY!!!

irishblarney11
by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 9:21 PM

going to make bbq wings for the guys to watch football n enjoy

crazymomof4787
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 8:22 AM

For New Years Day I will make a pork roast and saurekraut in the crockpot. 

crazymomof4787
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 8:23 AM

For Christmas Day I will be making ham(leftover from Christmas Eve), potatoes and green beans in the crockpot.  This is my dil's request. 

trophywf2htfrmr
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:48 AM

It is tradition we have Lasagna in our family on Christmas so we will be having Lasagna in the Crockpot! :) On Christmas Eve we will have ham and fixings I am sure something will show up in a crockpot or two ;)

OnceAgainMom63
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Our tradition on Christmas is a ham with a few traditional side dishes, like green beans, mashed potatoes (crock pot for warming) and rolls. Pie or left over fudge and cookies for dessert. This year I am thinking of a breakfast casserole before chuch.

For New Year's day, it is pork (can be loin, roast or chops), mashed potatoes and TONS of sauerkraut with butter and brown sugar. (Yum!!)

HollyHawk333
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:05 PM
Christmas eve is the big family get together and it's meat and cheese trays with crackers, mini weenies, chips and dip and wings. With egg nog and sparkling cider. It's not really a sit down kinda event as we spend most of it doing our version of the Chinese gift exchange.
And I think for dinner Christmas day I'll make pizza dip my husbands favorite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Granny1952
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 11:11 PM

My grandgirls get to stay home and enjoy their presents as their fathers also did. We will be getting together on 26th (Natalie's birthday). We open presents and snack play with gifts and eat, snooze a little, and it is time for Nattie's party. Gruess what?! Another round of presents and we will eat desert, again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN