Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you cooking for Xmas and New Years ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you and your family very traditional ? Will there be a Xmas Eve breakfast lunch and or dinner,? What about on Xmas day and the days that follow ?  Lets not forget New years.

What meals will be shared ? Who cooks, and who just comes to eat ? lol 

I would love to hear your families way of enjoying the Holidays 

Are you in need of more delicious recipe ideas for the family ???

Well, be sure to check out our Crock Pot Moms  ~ Cook Book  - click here 

& our sister group : Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Anyone Can Cook Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ  ~ Cookbook -- click here 

The Anyone Can Cook Book has recipes for grilled, stove top, oven, casserole, soups, sandwiches, desserts and more 

by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Replies (11-13):
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 8:53 AM

I always look forward to Christmas with my Mom because we always eat Mexican food that night (my family is not mexican, LOL).  But it's a wonderful change from the ham we get at every other get together!  This year I'm in charge of Mexican rice, taco meat, and chili cheese empanadas.  I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

But it's New Years Eve that I look forward to the most!  I always make a huge dinner and have lots of people over.  I'm making prime rib, mushroom-thyme risotto, and brussel sprouts with bacon.  Appetizers and desserts are up to the guests to bring.  It's a great time with family and friends and I love cooking for a big group!

by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:23 PM

This year for Christmas we are doing something different and having BBQ ribs. We really didn't want the traditional christmas dinner this year (chciken/turkey stuffing, etc)

For New Years Eve we normaly do a mini buffet and cook a little of everything but I know there will definatley be crab legs and shrimp involved.

by on Dec. 24, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Christmas is the 1 time of year and our tradition where the family all gets together dec 23rd to make the Tamales!!  We have Tamales (yum, we only get them once a year), ham and all the fixings for Christmas eve and Christmas day!! New Years is Menudo another yummy Mexican tradition!!! love the holidays!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN