Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 hours.... ????

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

I need some recipies for chicken breasts that I can put on in the morning before I go to work. I am gone for 12 hours and can not come home to add anything. I need stuff that little kids would enjoy and that isn't spicy. Thank you!

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
matheson7
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Look at the recipes on this website: http://busycooks.about.com/cs/crockpotrecipes/a/longcooking.htm .

Marti123
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I will long hours and I know that with my Rival I can never cook chicken breasts. They end up dry and icky. Chicken thighs work better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiTcHy_MaMa
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I used chicken breast for chicken teriyaki italian chicken and salsa chicken my crock pot only goes to 10 hours but it goes to a warm mode after
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Are you using boneless chicken breasts?  I just would be concerned with them drying out but this might be trial and error  for what recipes you like..  GOOD LUCK!!!

taniamorse85
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I found a recipe that might work out.  It's a little more than halfway down on this page.  It's called Basque Chicken Stew, and it was posted by someone with the screen name JAMIE0865 at 2:01:39 p.m. on 12/20/2011 (this info should help you find the right post).

The original recipe called for thighs instead of breasts, but the poster says what she did to substitute breasts instead.  Also, it does require a lot of prep work, but maybe you could do that the day before and store everything in the fridge until you are ready to put it all in the crock.

Jules5077
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I'm usually gone at least 10 hours before dinnertime, any chicken recipes I make I use frozen chicken breast and since my crock runs hot I only cook on the warm setting.  Chicken comes out great everytime!  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN