Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Son Broke My Crock Pot And I Was Going to CRY! Need help replacing

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

This is the only place I feel like I can vent this.

Last night the crock pot I have had for nearly 18 years was broken by my 14 year old son.  He was not fooling around, he volunteered to wash it for me.  Usually I am the only one to wash it because it is heavy and bulky.  But he is 14 and thought he could handle it. 

Well, the water turned on and crack! He banged it on the porcelain sink. I yelled at him at first but then realized how bad he felt.  I almost cried at the lose of my old friend, literally.  But that would have made him feel worse.

I had her for nearly 18 years. :( I tried other crock pots and none made stews and chilis like her. 

Now that I vented, I need to replace her.  She was a Rival Crock pot with the removal stoneware.

What Crock pot do you suggest?

This was her:

I need a good one to replace her.  Thanks for any suggestions.

~Allie

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
1965chica
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried ebay  maybe you could find a replacement crock  ?  also the crock pot site might be able to thelp

ballerina.2006
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I really want a crockpot that has the programable timer feature. I have a Crock Pot brand 4 or 5qt and it works great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this

(((Hugs)))   That's tough.   I have one very similar to that one, except that the insert is light blue, and the design on the base is a bit different.  It's my mom's old one, and she got it before I was born.  I cannot believe it's over 27 years old and hasn't been broken or damaged.

I would definitely recommend checking out the Rival Crock-Pot website.  Obviously, they make long-lasting crock pots, and I've heard their newer ones are very good.

AllieRambles
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I am going shopping tomorrow and told my son he has to go with me.  Not for punishment, but that is how he thinks of it, lol.  But just so I have an excuse to have lunch with him.

I'll end up with another Rival I'm sure.

Thanks ladies!

HotCouture
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm loyal to rival personally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN