Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking the Dare

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:32 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 172 Total Views
I have owned the Love Dare book for several months now. It's been sitting on the bottom shelf of my night-stand. I've attempted to do it several times, but each time I screwed up and then quit only days into it. My husband and I met almost 7 years ago. I was 18 and he was 21. We were good kids, both from disfunctional families, but raised in church, having both been saved at young ages. We became best friends and started dating after several months into our friendship. I had never dated anyone before. He was my first everything. He literally swept me off my feet. I was pursued, wooed and won. After a very turbulant childhood, I finally felt safe, loved, cherished and wanted. My dreams had come true. In '05 we were married. I had just turned 20 and he was 23. The honeymoon phase ended early...and over the years it seems to have gottwn worse. I love him. I know he loves me. And we have wonderful times where we are so good together. But we also have times...lots of times, that are extremely often, that we argue, can't agree on any thing, just can't see the other person's point or veiw. In '08 we had a daughter and for a short time it got better. But now we are both under a lot of stress due to a situation involving my alcoholic father and now everything is crashing around us. I know I need to change. I want to change! I want to be the best wife I can. I want my husband to be able to honestly say that he has the best wife in the world! So here I am. I'm hoping that by sharing this here, I might be able to get some support and not quit once I get into the dare. Thanks.
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
semperfimommy
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2009 at 1:48 AM

Hey girl! I know how you feel. I know how it can feel to not feel like you should change, and I've STARTED the love dare more than I can count. Would you like to do it together? I've read the first dare again and going to keep going. I need some motivation too! Maybe we can help each other! I hope you want to! *p.s. my name is jessica, i'm 22, a mommy of a two year old, my husband just got seperated from usmc, it's been really hard since practically our whole marriage i've been pregnant and had a baby right off the bat.. just some info on us*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)