Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day #4

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 4:37 PM
  • 29 Replies
  • 1242 Total Views

Contact you spouse sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you could do for them.

Sign this post when you complete this dare and move onto the next day :)

Feel free to post your thoughts/experiences on this dare

When you first fell in love being thoughtful came natural to you. You honestly confessed "I can't stop thinking of you." Once marriage occurs, that begins to change. The hunt is over, and the pursuing is done. Motivation for thoughtfulness cools. You drift into focusing on other things. After a while you begin to unintentionally ignore the needs of your mate.

Thoughtlessness is a silent enemy in relationships. Love requires thoughtfulness on both sides. Love teaches you how to meet in the middle, to respect and appreciate how your spouse uniquely thinks. A husband should listen to his wife and learn to be considerate of her unspoken message. A wife should learn to communicate truthfully and not say one thing while meaning another.

Love thinks before speaking. Great marriages come from Great Thinking!

by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soccerchik8287
by Group Owner on Oct. 20, 2008 at 7:24 AM

this was the easiest for me to do so far, because i do it all the time when he is working, so check day 4 is complete :)

Minivanmom4
by on Oct. 20, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Day 4 done! This was pretty easy for me too! I'll go peak at tomorrow's ~ gulp! lol

anotherandree
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 3:46 PM

This was the hardest for me because he does not have a phone to himself at work.  He does ot mind if I call him as long as I don't do it that often.  Well, I had already called him because of a "cat emergency" earlier today.  He said that calling was nice, but he was very short and said that he had an audience.  I actually feel pretty bad about this one because I hope he doesn't get teased about getting phone calls during the day!

karebear_mom
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 3:51 PM

This was easy for me, we are fortunate that we farm & so most of the time Im able to call my husband & talk for a minute or two. Ive seen a change in him & maybe because Im changing.

karebear_mom

Stefani74
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Day #4 - this was easy!  I call him several times a day just to tell him I love him or I am thinking about him.  And I always ask if he needs anything before I head home from work. 

dnivmxjj04
by on Oct. 23, 2008 at 7:58 AM

day 4 done.  It was actually easy because i usually call him during my lunch to see how he is doing.  so i did that and then in the middle of the afternoon I sent him a text telling him that i loved him and thanked him for all that he does to help me w/our boys.  He really liked that.

I will say this.  When i joined this group I told him what i was going to do and he was like ok, good for you.  Well last night we were talking and he asked me if he could do it w/me.  He said that he has been noticing and he thinks this is something he should do w/me. I was like yeah, that would be great!  We have recently reconciled and moved back in together.  We were seperated for 2 years.  So, i told him it never hurts for us both to do it.  So it will be interesting to see how it goes....

GripofGrace
by on Oct. 23, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Day 4 completed.  I emailed my husband because I don't like calling him at work.  He said he didn't need anything but he would like to have roasted chicken for dinner.  I love it when someone else decides what to have for dinner...one less decision I have to make ; )

jl8fan
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2008 at 11:25 PM

okay, no negative comments on day #4.  but we both contacted each other to see how the day was going.  when he called me he asked if he could do anything for me.  i asked him to stop by the store and get milk for our son.  well, he didn't do it.  it's almost like he is just doing what is on paper and that is it.  but, no negative comments.  i justed went on like nothing happened.  so, on to day #5!!

3BlueEyedGirlz
by on Oct. 28, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Dh and I call each other all the time through the day so calling him was easy. When I asked him if there was anything I could do for him today that would make him happy he said he would call me back.  (he said he didn't know, he would call me back in a few minutes... he wasn't being mean... sometimes we will call wach other every  15 - 30 min or so if he is busy to finish a conversation we started.  He calls back and said he thought of something, he wanted the kids to be done with their homework before he got home from work.  Talk about a tall order, sometimes this is impossible. I said I would I didn't know if that was possible but I would try to see that it was done.  I was thinking something I could do... but I asked!  I should have stuck to the original question, that would have been safer. I have now set myself up to fail this one.

Esmrlda
by on Oct. 30, 2008 at 6:22 PM

I called, we quit smoking on Monday so this is day 4 for us. I am doing Chantix so I dont have the awful cravings and hes going cold turkey so he is struggling. It was good that I called him to give him some encouragment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)