Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you all think I should do?

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2007 at 4:43 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 1563 Total Views
Hi all!
    I came across this by coinsidence today and was wondering if I should send it to Kristy, since the babysitter says she didn't do it, maybe it will provide answers for them. Please check it out. Here is the link:

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/shakenbabysyndrome.htm  
by on Jun. 10, 2007 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandi42
by on Jun. 10, 2007 at 5:09 PM
I honestly think that is you think she is strong enough to hear it then you should send it to her. If it turns out to be the case and it was cause by a reaction is there anything they can do to help him because of it?
butterflymommy2
by on Jun. 10, 2007 at 5:30 PM
i think it would be a good idea to show her this site ...what if this is what kaleb is really going through ? if it is then it may help the docs to help him..
johniecie
by Group Admin on Jun. 10, 2007 at 7:40 PM
Thank you. I'll send her a messege. It might be a while before she can read it, but it'll be there when she's ready
3winglessangels
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2007 at 8:57 PM
Praying for Kaleb...he's a day older than my own baby boy and they look alike. Miracles happen!!! God can heal his body and make him a perfectly healthy little boy again. The city of Exeter, California is praying for you, little guy!!!
SweetKitKat71
by on Jun. 10, 2007 at 9:20 PM

I think it should be sent for the information it has but not because we think the sitter did or didn't do it. 

johniecie
by Group Admin on Jun. 10, 2007 at 10:04 PM
I sent it to her and told her she can show it to the doctors or ask them about it if she feels up to it. I hope he gets better real soon.
jessiet143
by on Jun. 11, 2007 at 11:17 AM
wow i wonder because i remember hearing that kaleb went to the dr the day before and if it was for his 6 month checkup he would have gotten his shots that day!
twopickles
by on Jun. 11, 2007 at 12:11 PM
It looks like it could have some good information for Kristy, but I would like to tell you from experience that Shaken Baby Syndrome has very distinct internal injuries. When a baby has been that severely abused, there are certain characteristics to tell if the injuries are from abuse or biological concerns. I only say this because I have investigated such severe physical abuse (and sexual abuse), and medical teams usually have care meetings to decide if the injuries are abuse or not. 
It may at least give Kaleb's mom and dad information to explore, but I wouldn't want them to see it as a downplay to what the babysitter is accused of doing. Law enforcement usually don't falsely charge someone with these charges if they aren't sure of what happened. Also, just FYI, the people who are interviewed as suspects will say 9 out of 10 times they didn't do it, so don't let that fool anyone!! :-)
Just thought I would share some information from the investigation point of views.
johniecie
by Group Admin on Jun. 11, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Quoting twopickles:

It looks like it could have some good information for Kristy, but I would like to tell you from experience that Shaken Baby Syndrome has very distinct internal injuries. When a baby has been that severely abused, there are certain characteristics to tell if the injuries are from abuse or biological concerns. I only say this because I have investigated such severe physical abuse (and sexual abuse), and medical teams usually have care meetings to decide if the injuries are abuse or not.
It may at least give Kaleb's mom and dad information to explore, but I wouldn't want them to see it as a downplay to what the babysitter is accused of doing. Law enforcement usually don't falsely charge someone with these charges if they aren't sure of what happened. Also, just FYI, the people who are interviewed as suspects will say 9 out of 10 times they didn't do it, so don't let that fool anyone!! :-)
Just thought I would share some information from the investigation point of views.
Oh yes, I am definately aware that the caretaker will usually not admit to doing it, but I just thought it was something that Kristy could take into consideration IF she wanted to. No pressure on her. I just wanted to share it with her. I thought it was interesting and scary myself. I didn't know that could happen.
dixiebri
by on Jun. 13, 2007 at 1:12 AM
yes i think you should send it, i think she has a right to know in case the caretaker did not do it.  i have had a few people ask me if i thought that there was a chance that someone in the family done it, but no i dont think that anyone in the family done it i am not sure if the caretaker done it but only she does so for that matter kristy should no that it could have been the vaccinations that done it to kaleb.  if so maybe there is something else that they can give him to help him more with the situation.  kaleb is in my thoughts and prayers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)