Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you all think I should do?

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi all!
    I came across this by coinsidence today and was wondering if I should send it to Kristy, since the babysitter says she didn't do it, maybe it will provide answers for them. Please check it out. Here is the link:

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/shakenbabysyndrome.htm  
by on Jun. 10, 2007 at 4:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
dixiebri
by on Jun. 13, 2007 at 1:15 AM
i didnt know that any of that was even possible.  i think the same way that you do when it comes to the accused, that was the same thing that i told someone when they asked me if i thought that the sitter done it or if someone in the family done it.
mdeal
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2007 at 2:17 PM
I saw this video of the poor child!!! How could anyone do something so violent to someone who could not fight against someone so big.

All I could think was that could have been my child.  I cried when I first saw it on myspace.  I have reposted it and there are many of my friends that are praying for the child.
Nebraskaoma
by on Jun. 13, 2007 at 10:04 PM
Oh, please, don't make me go there again.  While we really try to stay upbeat and optimistic about Virginia and our lives, we still remember the answer to at least some of the "whys."   We  have custody of Virginia only because my beautiful Julia died last summer.  We still don't know why. "Well, there was a skull fracture, but that wasn't cause of death' suffocation was the cause of death."  "We did find ingested fibers of clothing, but that doesn't really mean anything either -- those could have been just on the chair where she was found."  I don't have my closure; I have only my Virginia.  Where there is smoke, there is a fire.  We are more than a year into investigations and out of state trips.  I just don't want Virginia back into that environment -- Julia doesn't have another chance -- Virginia does. 
johniecie
by Group Admin on Jun. 14, 2007 at 11:10 AM

Quoting Nebraskaoma:

Oh, please, don't make me go there again. While we really try to stay upbeat and optimistic about Virginia and our lives, we still remember the answer to at least some of the "whys." We have custody of Virginia only because my beautiful Julia died last summer. We still don't know why. "Well, there was a skull fracture, but that wasn't cause of death' suffocation was the cause of death." "We did find ingested fibers of clothing, but that doesn't really mean anything either -- those could have been just on the chair where she was found." I don't have my closure; I have only my Virginia. Where there is smoke, there is a fire. We are more than a year into investigations and out of state trips. I just don't want Virginia back into that environment -- Julia doesn't have another chance -- Virginia does.
Umm. . .not sure what this was about. Wrong group maybe?
DonnaD100
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 1:36 PM
My heart just breaks for this family, I read the article you posted and I think you should definitely send it to her.  If the day care provider is saying she didn't do it, maybe she really didn't.  
There could be something more going on with Kaleb that the doctors might need to examine. 

Keep us posted.
johniecie
by Group Admin on Jun. 14, 2007 at 9:24 PM
I still haven't heard back from Kristy on whether or not she checked up on it or not. I'm sure it will be a while
tenacmomof4
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 10:53 AM
OMG !!!!! I JUST READ SOME OF THE ARTICLES FROM THE SITE YOU SENT KRISTIE...AND IT MADE MY HEART RACE....THAT IS SO SCARY...YES I BELIEVE THAT THIS SHOULD BE POSTED IN EVERY GROUP ON CAFEMOM...THAT IS JUST CRAZY...I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT...I KNOW THAT IF I WAS IN KRISTIE'S POSITION...I SURE WOULD WANT TO KNOW ....I MEAN YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT TAKING A INNOCENT LIFE AND PUTTING THEM IN PRISON POSSIBLY....I KNOW I WOULD DIFFENTLY  WANT TO KNOW...

THE SADDEST PART IS THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS LETTING US PUT OUR BABIES AT RISK EACH TIME THE ARE VACCINATED..AND NOT ONLY THAT THEY ARE TAKING OUR RIGHT AWAY TO REFUSE THE VACCINES...

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT A JUDGE CAN ORDER US TO VACCINATE OUR CHILDREN KNOWING THAT THERE IS BABIES AND KIDS DIEING FROM THEM EVERYDAY...

I AM SORRY FOR GOING ON BUT THIS REALLY UPSET ME...I TRULLY HOPE THAT THEY DO NOT ACCUSE THIS WOMEN IF THEY ARE NOT FOR SURE  SHE DID IT WITHOUT INVESTAGATING IT FULLY....I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO LIVE WITH MYSELF...

I WISH THE BEST FOR KALEB AND HIS FAMILY AND HOPE THAT THIS GETS RESOLVED THE RIGHT WAY...

GOD BLESS ALL THAT IS INVOLVED AND THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS TO OUR ATTENTION....

RACHEL
bornabrat123
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 1:49 PM
omg this is a scary website just thinking about it oh gosh
Rhylansmom
by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 4:47 AM
well from what has been said is that kaleb didn't get his shots till the Friday after this happened.
And the amount of hemmraging and brain damage it couldn't have been the vaccines.
helen185
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2007 at 7:30 AM
Hi Havent been on line for a while and am curious to know how kaleb is doing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN