Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, am I wrong here?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2007 at 5:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 327 Total Views
This morning I read the latest blog from Kristy (which is a bunch of nonsense by the way. Apparently some people are trying to point the finger at HER for what happened to Kaleb) Anyway, one person left a comment saying that it was just the devil trying to steal her joy and he is using people to try and accomplish that. She was trying to encourage Kristy not to lose hope, right?

So the next post right below that one said that it isn't the devil, it's just people being stupid (she said it in such a way that made it sound like if anyone did believe that it could be the devil then they are idiots). Well, I felt the need to say something about it (not on the blog, because that's not the place for it). I sent a message to her through her myspace page.

Basically, I feel that Kristy's blog is a place that a Christian woman set up asking everyone to pray for her son. Comments posted to her blogs are NOT a place for religious debate. What I said, in a nutshell, was that their whole lives right now are just about trusting God, and praying that He is going to heal their little boy, and that she had no business going there and writing something trying to discredit their faith. I did say that I don't have a problem with her having her own opinion, everyone is entitled to that. However, if she wants to have a religious debate she should start her own blog.

I just feel that right now the Schwade family needs all the support and encouragement they can get. People should not use that as a place to voice their opinion about things that have nothing to do with what it was originally set up for.

Maybe I should have just ignored what she wrote, but it upsets me because that is the Schwade family's place to go to hear things that are uplifing and gives them hope. I know that they have faith in God and their faith is strong enough to ignore comments like that. But they shouldn't have to. Not there.
by on Jun. 17, 2007 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
thejonestrio
by on Jun. 17, 2007 at 5:40 PM
I subscribed to her blog just for updates and when I seen that this morning I was so upset. Upset for her and for the person who did that. Obviously this is a mother who cares... arent we allj!!! I sent a message to her too. I couldnt believe that someone had the gull to bring that up when this is a women who is asking for prayer for her son, who is fighting for his life. This is another case of "kick em while they are down" Do we really have to? Why not just let it be? Why throw your two sense into something just to hurt someone? It really urks me when I hear people coming out with drama directed towards someone who is already down.

By the way, I didnt read the messages to her, but I dont think that is a place for debate. I think that it is for prayer. Dont distract the attention from that.
selinaweina
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2007 at 6:11 PM

Quoting thejonestrio:

I subscribed to her blog just for updates and when I seen that this morning I was so upset. Upset for her and for the person who did that. Obviously this is a mother who cares... arent we allj!!! I sent a message to her too.

I didn't send the message to Kristy, I sent it to the woman who left the offending post. I would never try to take away from the purpose of what Kristy has set up. That is why I wrote to that woman personally (not on the blog), because I feel that it IS NOT the place for debate, as do you. I'm sorry, I wasn't specific enough on that. I would not bother Kristy with things like that, she has so much more important things to worry about.
MrsJ2004
by on Jun. 17, 2007 at 6:23 PM
It upset me that people are actually trying to "dig up dirt" on her! That made me mad. I don't think it's any of our business if she has an arrest record or not. All we care about is KALEB and the well being of this family and the little boy. It is none of our business what happened in her past. She is obviously a caring mother who worries about her child and is asking for support. That is what we should be doing, not looking for dirt about her.
Like I said in the reply to her post, it's none of our business what happened in her past, let the cops do their job, and let her continue to do her job and stay strong for her little boy....
It made me so mad!
thejonestrio
by on Jun. 17, 2007 at 7:18 PM

Quoting selinaweina:

Quoting thejonestrio:

I subscribed to her blog just for updates and when I seen that this morning I was so upset. Upset for her and for the person who did that. Obviously this is a mother who cares... arent we allj!!! I sent a message to her too.

I didn't send the message to Kristy, I sent it to the woman who left the offending post. I would never try to take away from the purpose of what Kristy has set up. That is why I wrote to that woman personally (not on the blog), because I feel that it IS NOT the place for debate, as do you. I'm sorry, I wasn't specific enough on that. I would not bother Kristy with things like that, she has so much more important things to worry about.

Oh, sorry... I miss understood...  Forgive???
selinaweina
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2007 at 8:40 PM
Of course I forgive ;) After I read it again myself, I realized it wasn't exactly clear on who I was talking about, my fault for not clarifying that in the first place. There are probably tons of people mad at me now cause they think I sent Kristy this message! Ahhh! Sorry everybody! 
Quoting thejonestrio:

Quoting selinaweina:

Quoting thejonestrio:

Oh, sorry... I miss understood...  Forgive???
johniecie
by Group Admin on Jun. 17, 2007 at 9:07 PM

Quoting MrsJ2004:

It upset me that people are actually trying to "dig up dirt" on her! That made me mad. I don't think it's any of our business if she has an arrest record or not. All we care about is KALEB and the well being of this family and the little boy. It is none of our business what happened in her past. She is obviously a caring mother who worries about her child and is asking for support. That is what we should be doing, not looking for dirt about her.
Like I said in the reply to her post, it's none of our business what happened in her past, let the cops do their job, and let her continue to do her job and stay strong for her little boy....
It made me so mad!
Agreed! But be careful ladies, let's not turn this post into a debate too. Thanks y'all!
beaner4313
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:49 PM
I just say..as i've stated in other posts....if these people don't have anything nice or encouraging to say to kristy and her family...then keep your comments elsewhere..especially not on her own personal myspace page. People aren't understanding that if they are not for the schwade family..it doesnt mean they can have their own opinions, but there are certain places and times that it is not right to be saying negative stuff. There are alot of people out there that only go on her site to find more crap to use against her and that's a shame! Really, this is a sick world we live in. It's all about this precious little boy who fighting to have a normal life and there are people out there that cant keep their focus on that..and ruin it for the rest of us who really care about this family. BTW...as a christian..bible believing woman..I truly believe that the devil is just getting into this situation and tearing this family apart, but so far..it seems that ..though it's hard...kristy and her family are trying to not let that bring them down because there's alot more people out there that are on their side and praying for their son. No matter what her beliefs are...she can say what she wants on her own page and calling someone an idiot for their religious beliefs is rude. I think prayer is the best thing and this family and child sure do need it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)