Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sofrito vs. Recaito

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2009 at 2:46 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 4282 Total Views

Sofrito vs. Recaito , whats the difference? As a kid, I never heard of recaito. My mom always made her own sofrito from scratch and it was green( smelled horrible). I went to buy it from Goya and it was orange and the recaito was green. SO I am a bit confused.

Thanks!

by on Mar. 21, 2009 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Quelina
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Check out this link it might help. my mother in law makes sofrito & it's green too. But it's all the same to me. Recaito has recao & sofrito (orange one) has tomatoes, I believe. but whatever you can buy recaito at the super market & it'll most likely taste just like your familys sofrito.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdksKVAgVW0

NAHIMANA
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 8:20 PM
I actually make them by scratch...the majority of people call them sofrito, but because is green I call it recaito..Now there are many ways to make them differently but I figure if is color green then I say recaito, but if it's red I call it sofrito...
taina361
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2011 at 2:06 AM
The sofrito goya is tomato base thats why is reddish, but mostly made from scratch you add recao and no tomato thats why its green
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nily
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:44 PM

El sofrito es una mezcla de recao con pimientos y otros ingredientes. Y el recao es solo la hoja de recao molida GOT IT?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)