Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

transcript from Geraldo Rivera being interviewd by O'Reilly on Bullies and Vick. crosspost

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:47 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 226 Total Views
O'REILLY: You bet. Ok, now let's go over to the Vick thing. He is innocent until proven guilty. We just want to say that right off the jump. But the brutality involved in the indictment, you read the indictment.

RIVERA: Yes and it's very, very graphic.

O'REILLY: Geraldo is an attorney, ladies and gentlemen.

RIVERA: It's very graphic.

O'REILLY: So he can understand every word.

RIVERA: Hanging the animals that were discarded, electrocuting the animals, torturing the animals.

O'REILLY: On Vick's property.

RIVERA: On Vick's property.

O'REILLY: Right, now Vick is going to say he wasn't there. His cousins did it.

RIVERA: That's his defense.

O'REILLY: But the whole world, this whole cruel world of dog fighting we heard at the top of the program linked into hip-hop, linked into professional sports and drug dealing, is almost beyond most people's comprehension.

RIVERA: Well to me if you have more than one pit bull it's like having a crack pipe. There's only one reason for it. It's for sadistic reasons. To watch them...

O'REILLY: What if you just like the dog?

RIVERA: If you like one of the animals you have to understand that after two centuries of breeding they are genetically predisposed to abnormal violence. That is the take on it. And there's no dispute about that. You might get one at the shelter. You might be humanistic. You might care for them.

All of that is fine but the fact of the matter is if you have more than one pit bull why do you have more than one pit bull? And anybody — I'm a parent of five children. Anybody who has a pit bull around my kids is immediately shunned by me, because they are as if they are walking around with a weapon about to go off.

Now what is interesting, and I watched your discussion with the hip-hop expert, is the — you know pit bulls have become accessories to many of the kids. Not just ghetto youngsters. But many kids who feel alienated in some way, who feel that it is...

O'REILLY: It's a sense of power.

RIVERA: A sense of power. I think there's almost a sexual empowerment there. There's a sickness that goes on that I think really has to be examined. If you have one of these animals ask yourself why. What are you going to do with it and what are you going to do when he thinks of your child as a rival some day. I think it's extremely dangerous. And what happened with Vick, innocent until proven guilty, but I think this will scar his already checkered career.

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:10 PM
Sorry in advance!!

Geraldo is a fucking idiot! Well I an glad I am shunned by him!!
And, to think people actually listen to him!

by Group Owner on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:55 PM
No apologies needed. As I said before we are a passionate group who loves our animals. I am not going to stop you from speaking your mind. I get passionate and will be the first to admit my language is not at its best sometimes, I am not going to ban language unless used to hurt someone personally....

I just don't get people's thought process... Makes no sense to me whatsoever...

by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:40 PM
What an ASS!!!! I've got to pit-mixes and they're both male.... I would NEVER have them fight, I have them to love and play with, not to fulfill some twisted need of power. Will the boys protect me if some one comes into the house that's not supposed to be there? HELL YA they will! They are sooo far from a loaded weapon, unless you count their tongues and then you better watch out cuz they'll deep throat you in the blink of an eye... STUPID PEOPLE AMAZE ME.... grrrrr!!!!!

This is what really happened to Nemo and Marlin......   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)