Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New craft suggestions

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 6:55 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 514 Total Views

I have been doing plastic canvas for over six years and am looking for a new craft to try. Any suggestions? I am up for anything.

Charity's Barefoot Book Club

charity-tipton.barefootbooks.com

ctbarefootbooks@gmail.com

by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina18
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM

How about crochet? I learned how to crochet from watching videos on youtube and the internet. The startup costs are pretty cheap (you just need some yarn and a pack of crochet hooks) and once you learn basic stitches you can start making easy projects (ie: hats, baby booties, blankets)

If you want to start crochet I can compile a list of the best crochet stitch videos for you. I know I have them bookmarked on my computer somewhere. =)

charleyangel317
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Quoting ballerina18:

How about crochet? I learned how to crochet from watching videos on youtube and the internet. The startup costs are pretty cheap (you just need some yarn and a pack of crochet hooks) and once you learn basic stitches you can start making easy projects (ie: hats, baby booties, blankets)

If you want to start crochet I can compile a list of the best crochet stitch videos for you. I know I have them bookmarked on my computer somewhere. =)

I have the yarn and my grandmother left me her crochet hooks. I didn't think about that. Thanks. I will look on youtube for some videos. I have to look for left handed ones. Thanks for the help.

ballerina18
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Quoting charleyangel317:

Quoting ballerina18:

I have the yarn and my grandmother left me her crochet hooks. I didn't think about that. Thanks. I will look on youtube for some videos. I have to look for left handed ones. Thanks for the help.

That's awesome! Gosh, I never thought about how a left handed person would need to crochet differently. Good luck! I recommend you learn these stitches first: slip stitch (ss), single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), double crochet (dc), and triple crochet (tc) (also called treble crochet). Once you learn those stitches you'll be ready to start lots of different projects.

=)

valerry
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 7:40 AM
I started needle felting this weekend and I loved it. I made a snowman.
kayleeab
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Can you tell me hat the videos you learned are so i can look at them. I would love to learn how as well.

Thank you

Sincerely

Kaiyden's Mommy & Marks wife

http://www.wix.com/kayleeab/kaiydensmommy

ballerina18
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Quoting kayleeab:

Can you tell me hat the videos you learned are so i can look at them. I would love to learn how as well.

Thank you

These videos are the best videos I have seen on the internet. There are some great ones on youtube, but these videos are my favorite! It's easy to see what the person is doing =)

http://www.hassdesign.com/StitchLegend/

FeliciaKaneSidd
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I love scrapbooking.  Currentlying im working on finding a cute idea for some save the date cards :) Its always fun to see what you can make. I also like crocheting, i am also working on a baby blanket for my best friend, she's having a baby in April :)

darrensmom11
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Send some links my way. :) I would Love to learn how to crochet!

Quoting ballerina18:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM

http://www.hassdesign.com/StitchLegend/

=)

Quoting darrensmom11:

Send some links my way. :) I would Love to learn how to crochet!

Quoting ballerina18:

tryingmommy1984
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I also do plastic canvas. I have started now doing quilting and sewing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)