Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scrap book experts?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 5:49 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 506 Total Views
I want to get a scrap book started for my lo. I Have the basic materials. . Problem is. . I just don't know where to start? Weird, but With my first Son. . . I was able to put everything together so easily and Have added over the years. Help me out! Please. :) how should I start it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
vnfsmama
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Gather your favorite pics and get them printed. Add any memorabilia such as birth cert, baptism form, hospital bracelets, poems, etc. Decide on a size scrapbook, and buy some sheets of paper, stickers, and adhesive of your choice. I like to divide my pictures into stacks by page. So I pick 2-5 photos, and put a note with them as to the theme and order # of that page. So I might say "pg 1, pregnancy, 4 photos" and get 10-20 pages ready to scrap that way. Then I make sure I have paper and stickers I like, and start scrapping. Basically all you need is memorabilia, paper, and your embellishments. Good luck and have fun! I am getting behind, have about 2 years worth of 2 kids to do! But I will do one of those as a Shutterfly photobook, so really I have just one year to do. pm me if you want.

darrensmom11
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Thank you so much.

Quoting vnfsmama:

Gather your favorite pics and get them printed. Add any memorabilia such as birth cert, baptism form, hospital bracelets, poems, etc. Decide on a size scrapbook, and buy some sheets of paper, stickers, and adhesive of your choice. I like to divide my pictures into stacks by page. So I pick 2-5 photos, and put a note with them as to the theme and order # of that page. So I might say "pg 1, pregnancy, 4 photos" and get 10-20 pages ready to scrap that way. Then I make sure I have paper and stickers I like, and start scrapping. Basically all you need is memorabilia, paper, and your embellishments. Good luck and have fun! I am getting behind, have about 2 years worth of 2 kids to do! But I will do one of those as a Shutterfly photobook, so really I have just one year to do. pm me if you want.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comojo
by New Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I'll be glad to help you learn- but I have been known to spread the deadly addictive scrapbooking bug, I should come with a warning. Here is my Blog if you want to check out my work and some great tips! http://comojosmorsels.blogspot.com/

Bonn

Bells2000
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I'm about to start my second daughters scrapbook, she was just born Aug 2nd!

I am starting with how VMF said... stuff from the pregnancy, delivery, etc.. I plan to do two pages for every month for the first year.  

I will do themed pics for growth every 2nd of every month with a care bear, just to see /show how she grows, the new things shes doing from sitting up, standing, etc.

plus saving odds and ends from everyday life and special events

comojo
by New Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Thats a great idea- I did that for both of my older kids, kinda let it slide by number three though. I always tried to make sure a photo was taken every month- but not always with the same bear like I had before. It made a cute page in the older kids albums though!

momofyear2012
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM

other members on BC have been raving about Lifeables  ...apparently all you have to do is put your kids names in connect to Facebook it then finds 3 years worth of posts you made and then you can save them and share then apparently eventually they are going to let you print them down right to a book!

happydays62
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Hi there ladies; I'm just trying to learn about scrapbooking and I would love to know what all do you need to have to start a scrap booking project .  About how much would it cost to start .  And is buying the expensive  stuff  the only way to do it with .  I have watch one of my best friends do hers .  I have done the rubber stamping  alot , is that like that ???

momofyear2012
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:29 PM

BUMP!

comojo
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Scrapbooking can get expensive- but it does not have to. It is up to you how far to take it. The best way to start is to get a mixed combo pck of papers from your local hobby store when it is on sale. You will need adhesive, and personally that is where I would choose to spend  more-I use Creative memories tape runners,  get the good stuff and you will not have to re-do things several years down the road. Any ol scissors will do, but I would invest in a 12" cutter. Don't go crazy with decorative scissors or punches right away. (You can borrow those from friends) Buy the stickers or diecuts as you need them only..... Use pagemaps.com or other layout ideas on scrapbooking sites, or even cafe mom has plenty of scrappin groups with lots of ideas to get you started. Raid your own stash of craft supplies- you probably have more than you think you do. Yarn, ribbon, rick rack, twine- household tags, a dymo label machine, glitter.... all of these are commonly used on scrapbook pages.  When I started 19 years ago I had nothing more than paper, markers, adhesive and a few tupperware alphabet stencils- needless to say my stash has grown to a full studio in my basement- but I do love it! It is worth it to me, what other hobby has such purpose- and will be something that is treasured for generations to come? Preserving the past. (Okay so my grandmothers quilt might come close)

Have fun- and play with what you have!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)