Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a beginner scrapbooker, what is the first step to creating a scrapbook page?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:33 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 333 Total Views

I have all of the supplies (I think), so now I just need to sit down and START ! What should I do first? I was thinking maybe matting pictures first, but not sure if that's where i should start. I know the very first step should be to KNOW the theme you are going for, but after that, I'm lost.

Thank you!

First time mom of a beautiful new baby girl !big smile mini

by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tricia1332
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:57 PM
What I do is

Pick the color of papers, solids and prints that I want to use. Decide if it will be a 2 page or single page layout. How many pics I want to use dictates the page sizes. I find embellishments that I will use.

If you go to google you can do a search for scrapbook sketches, or scrapbook layouts you can get some ideas. Also you could look on eBay for pre made layouts it will give you ideas or you might find some that you want to purchase.

Well I hope some of this helps
vnfsmama
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I choose photos and theme first. Then paper and embellishments. I always do 12X12 paper, and whether it's a 1 or 2-pg layout depends on # of pics and how much space I need for them. Next I crop/trim/mat the pics, and adhere them. Finally I embellish. I sometimes work on many pages/ spreads at a time before finishing the embellishments. So I might choose pics/themes for up to 30 pages. Then crop, mat, and place them. Next I can see what embellishments I need beyond what I have and go shopping/ creating. Last I embellish and store or create a book.  I almost never use a page kit or layout pattern, but for fresh ideas and ways of arranging it can be fun to look at some now and then. Have fun!

Due9
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Thank you for giving me some ideas!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)