Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to scrapbooking.....

Posted by   + Show Post
I am going to start scrapbooking. Where is everyone's favorite place to get scrapbooking stuff? Is there a starter kit that comes with everything I will need to start?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Replies (11-16):
comojo
by New Member on May. 11, 2012 at 1:48 AM

DOnt know if you have Hobby Lobby near you or Michaels- but those 40% off coupons are the way to go!

trae1982
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 2:24 AM
I am not sure about a Hobby Lobby but we do have a Michaels...thanks so much!!

Quoting comojo:

DOnt know if you have Hobby Lobby near you or Michaels- but those 40% off coupons are the way to go!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bells2000
by on May. 20, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!!!!   I started because my mom got some sets on sale at QVC (home shopping thing) and Walmart had some starter package box sets (that came with the book, tons of stickers/tags, paper, etc). Then just went from there.

I go to Hobby Lobby a lot and generally get my stuff only when its on sale (one week it might be stickers, another paper, or nothing on sale :(  ).

There use to be a scrapbook store in the town I'm at, but it recently closed. I did get a lot of paper/stuff on the going out of buisness sale.

Michaels, etc are great too (they don't have one in the town I moved to)..

3tbells
by New Member on May. 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Micheals mostly. It can get pretty pricey so make sure u get those coupons off thier sale papers!!!  Check ebay for some staters kits with tools & things, there always someone clffd eaning out thier supplies!!!! & it always helps to have a scrapping buddy!!! Good Luck!!!

black.eyeliner
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I started in the best way I think. I paid $5 for a class at a really nice scrapbooking store. I walked in with just my photos. I bought everything I needed that day with the discount I got from taking the class. I got a lot of great advice and ideas from the ladies that were there. I ended up with an album for the first day of my daughters life. I was really really happy. 

trae1982
by Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:53 PM
That is a cool idea, I am now wondering if they have classes where I live. I will definitely have to check it out.

Quoting black.eyeliner:

I started in the best way I think. I paid $5 for a class at a really nice scrapbooking store. I walked in with just my photos. I bought everything I needed that day with the discount I got from taking the class. I got a lot of great advice and ideas from the ladies that were there. I ended up with an album for the first day of my daughters life. I was really really happy. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)