Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Come on in, and let us know who you are!  What types of crafts do you enjoy doing!?!?!

by on Oct. 23, 2008 at 6:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
momstewart03
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Hello!  My name is Amber and I am a married mother of 3 wonderful kids!  My son is 7, and then my girls are 4 and 3.  I absolutely love to scrapbook but I have extended it into making cards and canvas art.  Really anything that there is to do with crafts, you can bet I have at least searched it once, and tried most of it too!!!  I also love to take pictures.  My only problem is that most of the supplies can be quite costly, so here lately, I have found that unless it is for a birthday or something, I really don't get to do much of it these days.  So I keep praying for these occasions to continue rolling around, that way I have my excues to be crafty!!!

These are just a few of the items that I have made.  I almost forgot, I also love to write poems!  So usually when I make a card, I will write a personal poem to go along with it.

What is a soldier

You might ask

Well, let me tell you

This family’s story

Our soldier

Defender of freedom, liberty, and justice

This is the story of our Hero

Senior Chief Tom Riggs

He is not just a devoted husband, father

Grand-father, and great-grand-father, he is so much more..................................................................

If you ever have a moment to spare

Pull up a chair

And listen to the tales

From a True

Red, white, and blue

American Soldier

My grandpa

Tom Riggs

Happy Father’s Day Papa

I love you and I just wanted to say thank you for the freedom that you helped to defend and protect.

05/30/2008 ( I didn't post all of the poem, because as you can see it is pretty long.)

1stTimemamma358
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Hello my name is Arianna and I am a mother to a beautiful baby girl. I love to scrap book. I have been scrapping for three years now. I also have a big passion for knitting. I really need to find a new stitch to do though!

AsIAm43
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Hi my name is Michelle, I have 8 kids, first 7 are from 17 to 26 and then there is the 4 year old. And no he wasn't a late in life child he was a grandchild we adopted, He has lived with us since the day he was born. I've never been into scrapbooking but I've done just about everything elce. I'm best with crocheting and sewing, have my own embrodery machine. Haven't had a lot of time to play with it though. I am no good at using patterns, I get a idea in my head and make it. Have done socks, hair ties, long heavy sweaters (that started as a blanket lol) purses. I even make my first granddaughters dress she wore home from the hospital. All of this was from crocheting, I've tried knitting but its just to slow for me, couldn't get the hang of it. I've sewed dresses, wedding gown for my daughter in law, hoodies, summer clothes and lots of other things. And I love to just make Christmas. One year I decided we wasn't buying christmas so the kids and I made christmas, we tye-dyed and beaded shirts and made long johns out of socks that had a cute saying. I like to go online and find a project and just have a ball with it. So I hope to have some fun here and maybe get some ideas I hadn't thought of, right now I'm working on a pair of overalls for a newborn boy out of bedspread thread, I like using that much better than yarn.

As I Am 43

To the world you may just be someone
But to someone your the world

driftwood
by on Jan. 30, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I am a sahm of one and love to do craft and various projects are always started and have not been finished so i am hoping to change that this year. i would like to find crafts to do with my daughter who is 11. we like the scrapbooks but don't have alot of money to invest. we bound scetchbooks at ollies for $3. so, we have been using those for a memorybook/pictures/ drawings/paintings. i got a digital camera for christmas and would like to put it to use.  i am excitedabout this group. thanks for letting me join. oh, i am  a 47 year old

WicklessMom247
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Hi my name is Pam. I actually just joined StampinUp! I have never done stamping and have been wanting to do scrapbooking for a long time, so just decided to start my own business. I get to have fun, be creative, meet new people, get a discount and earn an income!  I could go on and on but you all get what I mean. anyway, even though I have only been doing this a short time and so new to it, I am really getting into it!! I look forward to seeing everyone's creative work and sharing my own. Plus to get to know everyone as well! 

MollyPeckham
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2009 at 5:04 AM

Hey all! I am new here, not to scrapping, though. My name is Molly and I have been scrapping for over 8 years. :) I have three wonderful children, Brendan, Alex and Caitlynn, and have been married to my wonderful husband, Paul, who is in the Navy, for over 9 years. :D If you want to know more about me, just check out my blog! Can't wait to get to know the rest of you. :D

Kris1224
by New Member on May. 3, 2009 at 3:22 AM

Hi my name is Kristen. I'm a 26 y/o temporarily SAHM to a beautiful baby girl who just turned 1! I am a social worker but since I am not working at the moment I need to figure out ways to entertain myself..lol. I'm not a naturally crafty person but I wish I was...so I'm pretty much new to all crafts in general and was hoping to get tips and pointers from all your "pros" out there!!

Anything else you wanna know..just pm me! Can't wait to learn about all the fun things everyone is doing!!!!

crickettty
by Group Owner on May. 4, 2009 at 8:17 AM

I'm so glad to see such a well rounded group of ladies! Please don't hesitate to add projects to our group! If you come across one online or have one that you developed yourself please share!!! We love new projects!!!

Mother to Chloe 8 HH, and Allison 3 HLHS, Co Arctation of the Aorta, LPA issues, former g-tuber and mic-key button.

pb2009
by on May. 6, 2009 at 11:33 AM

hi i am new to this group i love everything is about scrapbooking and digtal scraping too.

i have been scrapin for a long time now; i remember being little and working on albums with my mother and grandmother and didnt know i was scrapbooking till i became an adult and got more into now i am addicted. i cant get enough of it.

i love scraping so much i started a home based business scraping to share my love of the hobby with others and make a home career/income at the same time.

am always looking for new ideas and other scrapers to connect with. at one time i thought i was alone in the world of scraping and now i relize there are millions and billions of people you love the hobby as much as i do and just the smae amount who got a clue on the hobby.

looking foward to meeting new friends. happy scrapin'

scrapbooking

pamela black
mom of two,wife,scrapbook instructor
www.mycmsite.com/pbscraping
pblack8@woh.rr.com

scrappy251
by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Hi my name is Fia and we live in the netherlands,I like

scrapbook a lot,and I am on the design team from scrapdivas.

I like to make pages from my son,he is 8 years old,and love

to make LO's about vacations.

I have a site of my own to,with challenges and more,

http://scraps4uandme.ning.com

I also have a blog:http://scrapandme-scrap4fun.blogspot.com

feel free to visit my blog and see some of my work.

Love to make some friends and share our scrapbook pages.

Love to see your work and hope to learn from you to and meet some

nice ladies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN