Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help! (making invitations)

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2009 at 2:14 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 339 Total Views

Hi All,

I'm throwing a surprise 40th birthday party for my husband and I'm printing my own invitations (I've done it before).  BUT, this time I want to print the invitations on BLACK paper.  Has anyone every done this?  How?  HELP!

by on Jan. 1, 2009 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Junction216
by on Jan. 1, 2009 at 5:11 PM

The only way that I know to do this it to actually make your background black and add white text so essentially you are printing the background and leaving the white showing to form the text.  Make sense?  Or you might could print your text onto black paper then sprinkle it with white embossing powder while it is still wet then heat set it.  I don't know how well that would work though...

JoysMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:31 AM

You might have to have a professional printer to do this. Call a couple around town up and ask about it (as if you would get the whole thing from them). Then call the most friendly back and ask about brining in your own jpeg (or whatever) image and having them print it.

JoysMom
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Another idea could be to use black paper with vellum over it? Or stamp the invites with silver ink? Still thinking for you.

Thomigirl
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Thanks JoysMom.  I took your idea and got vellum paper.  Printed the 'wording' on it and punched a hole at the corners and 'ribboned' them.  Thanks for your help!!!

Quoting JoysMom:

Another idea could be to use black paper with vellum over it? Or stamp the invites with silver ink? Still thinking for you.

ScrapookinMommy
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Here is a good eBook I found that might help you out. 

http://rapidshare.com/files/179794700/Scrapbook_Essentials.zip

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN