Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wedding in Sept.

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 6:08 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 302 Total Views

Hi everyone. I thought I would get some ideas from you all. I am getting married in September of 09. It will be an outdoor wedding and reception. I really would just like different ideas that would be cheap and easy to make. Very low budget ( who isn't lol) it is semi-formal. no bridesmaids or grooms men. just a get together. I would appreciate any help. Oh and I started on the invitations. Just waiting to see where it will be at.

by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
grandma4five
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Don't know what your plans are - but if you are planning any candle type decorations - places like Michael's, JoAnn's etc are now getting rid of all Christmas stuff .  White is a popular color for Christmas or any other for that matter.  If you are anywhere near pine trees in your locale, pick up wreaths, swags, trees both large and small.  I picked up candles in a jar from Michael's last week for .50, regularly $6.  Basically go in and if you see it for 70%, 80% - tell them you'll buy a bunch and could you get it for 90% or 95% off.  You'll be surprised.  The candles I bought were 6" fragranced jars with lids.  They can be beautifully decorated and then used for guest's gifts if you don't want them.  Michael's is easy to work with, I've found, especially if you go in and are nice and friendly with the assistant and store managers.

Congratulations and best to you!

Buddos-Mommy
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Quoting grandma4five:

Don't know what your plans are - but if you are planning any candle type decorations - places like Michael's, JoAnn's etc are now getting rid of all Christmas stuff .  White is a popular color for Christmas or any other for that matter.  If you are anywhere near pine trees in your locale, pick up wreaths, swags, trees both large and small.  I picked up candles in a jar from Michael's last week for .50, regularly $6.  Basically go in and if you see it for 70%, 80% - tell them you'll buy a bunch and could you get it for 90% or 95% off.  You'll be surprised.  The candles I bought were 6" fragranced jars with lids.  They can be beautifully decorated and then used for guest's gifts if you don't want them.  Michael's is easy to work with, I've found, especially if you go in and are nice and friendly with the assistant and store managers.

Thank you I will try that.

crickettty
by Group Owner on Jan. 29, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Do you have a theme in mind or a color pallette? Do you have a special flower picked? That will help me think of more specific idea's for your wedding.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mother to Chloe 7 HH, and Allison 2 HLHS, Co Arctation of the Aorta, LPA issues, former g-tuber and mic-key button.

crickettty
by Group Owner on Jan. 29, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I searched for outdoor luminaries and think I found a nice selection at a nice price that will enhance the experience for everyone but not break your budget. http://www.americanbridal.com/wedding-luminaria-kit-dslblk.html

This could also be something you do yourself if you feel crafty enough!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mother to Chloe 7 HH, and Allison 2 HLHS, Co Arctation of the Aorta, LPA issues, former g-tuber and mic-key button.

Buddos-Mommy
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 3:11 PM

yes I want the colors to be yellow, green and lilac blue. Flowers: Orchids, Lillies and lilacs and it will be  a potluck outdoors I hope.

Quoting crickettty:

Do you have a theme in mind or a color pallette? Do you have a special flower picked? That will help me think of more specific idea's for your wedding.

Junction216
by on Jan. 30, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Quoting crickettty:

I searched for outdoor luminaries and think I found a nice selection at a nice price that will enhance the experience for everyone but not break your budget. http://www.americanbridal.com/wedding-luminaria-kit-dslblk.html

This could also be something you do yourself if you feel crafty enough!

This would be fairly simple to do with white lunch sacks and those little battery operated tea lights.

Click Banner to Visit My Website:

Buddos-Mommy
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2009 at 9:03 PM

yes it would or even rigging something up that is the same. It wouldn't be hard to find a tin box and put a hole in the top for a candle then add water to the bottom. The bags would be easy and fun. I will probably do these for the wedding. They are very cute. Thanks for mentioning homemade ones.  

Buddos-Mommy
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Quoting grandma4five:

The micheals near me is all sold out of christmas stuff. Good idea though and thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)