Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Pray For Luke

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:05 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 435 Total Views

Luke is a nine year old boy with moderate to severe autism.  He is in my son's class.  His mother remarried two months ago.  The new husband has convinced everyone that the best thing for Luke is to put him in an instituion.  This place is so far from their home that they will probably never see him again.  Please pray for Luke and my son as well.  He and Luke have just recently became good friends.  And those of us with autistic children know how making a "Friend" is so hard for them.  My husband and I are looking into our rights, pray that maybe we can get custody of this little boy and give him the chance that he deserves!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Group Owner on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:15 PM

OMG! Luke has my prayers, I will pray for you & your husband to get this little boy & raise him like your own. How sad to just be thrown away like a bone. Lane is 10, he has a "friend" named Jacob, they are the same age & have been in the same special class for Autism since the age of 4. Like you said for children with autism to have a friend is so special, if they meet somewhere, like at the grocery store, they always hug necks. We recently helped sponsor this little guy for hippotherapy. He & Lane get to ride together (each on their own horse) it's so sweet to see the smile on their face. When they get off the horses, they hold hands & run around the arena together.

God please bless this little guy to live with this family that will love him unconditionally.         

Good luck mama, Rita 

by Head Admin on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:05 PM

I to pray in Jesus name that you get to have Luke , I haven't a clue how people can put there kiddos' in a home . Under some circumstances if they are so severely autistic honestly I don't even think then I would my Kyle is severely autistic he is harder then heck some days but you no what I could never do that .. Not a parent ... bless those in this life that have had no choice but to ya know . worst fear in the world is that right there ..God bless you for wanting to take this child . Please let us know how it go's ..........  

by Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:30 PM

good luck to you, I will say a prayer for you all. ♥

by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Luke is for sure in my prayers.

by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 11:19 AM

prayingYou certainly do have my prayers.  I pray for the family, especially the husband that he may gain insight into what he is asking of his wife and child.  I pray that you will overcome and have a great effect on this family.  I pray all God's angels to surround and protect this little guy.  I thank you for being such a kind and caring friend.  Beth100

by Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 1:26 PM

I am having a good feeling about this!

I bet you'll be able to get him!

Bless you!

by Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Thank you Tina for being such a blessing to Luke. I pray over Luke's stepfather that God will change his heart and give him the wisdom of how to take care of Luke. Also, that God will open his eyes to see that Luke is a wonderful boy. I also pray for Luke's mother that she would not give up on her son and that she would be his greatest advocate instead. I pray for this family that they will stay together and that God will equip them with the necessary skills and lots of patience to take care of Luke. Thank you Lord. I pray all this in Jesus most precious name, Amen.

Choy Randolph

by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 7:09 AM

You are all in my prayers.  Luke has found guardian angels in you and your husband and I know in my heart that you will be allowed to help him.  Good luck.  Keep us posted.  -Aida

by Member on Nov. 11, 2009 at 7:15 AM

I will say prayers!! That is so sad that his stepfather can feel nothing for this child and want to "throw" him away like a piece of garbage. Why did she marry him in the first place if she knew that he felt this way about her child? I would never allow such a person to come into my home let alone marry him.

Please,let us know what the outcome is. I have a very good feeling that you and your wonderful husband will get custody. It is so heartwarming to see that people like you exist and will take on another child w/ autism.

Kristina (Wife to Dutch, 12-15-2001 and mom to Andrew, 4-13-2003)

"Living is easy with eyes closed. Misunderstanding all you see" - Strawberry Fields Forever, The Beatles

by Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Why is the mother of this child not sticking up for this boy, doesn't she want to keep this precious gift?!  I pray that whatever the outcome is that he gets the therapy and becomes a loved individual.  Do we just throw away children like they are objects to go in the trash?  Sorry, to vent, but it would be a travesty if this child were sent to an institution!  I hope that you and your husband get custody of this boy!

I will try to pray for this to happen!  Keep us all updated to what happens!

Cheryl D.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)