Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have gained so much weight from stress since dx.How has it affected you?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:15 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 494 Total Views

I eat when I feel hopless,and sometimes I do for a min. I love and take great care of my son,he is a gift. I do however have noticed and am going to remedy the eating thing when I feel frustrated at his aspergers.how has it effected you

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trippyhippy
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Same with me but now I am trying to loose it all.  I am down 28 lbs since new years!

Ethans_mom718
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Im the same way and I'm hitting the gym on monday. I just eat when I get upset or hopeless...

MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Ok you want me to be honest , I have lost a ton of weight , been the hardest year with my son / been many of hard years  .. So many changes have happened to him .. Never thought my son would be home with me 24/7 ...... Its all due to something happening to him at School , It will be a year in April he has never not been out of  school .. So the stress over the mourning of him not getting out Socially has torn me to smithereens to really stop and check myself Iv been so sick from nerves and virus's going around . My system was so weak that I think I caught ever virus out there . UGH .......... So now it's time for mommies to take care of Mommie . Been down for two month and stress is a kicker for sure , change isn't easy with an 18 year old , I am not getting any younger either .. So I am trying so hard to take better care of me .... always put Kyle first but Now I'm finally realize that without mommie I'm  of no help to Kyle .. WOW how this year came in with a bang let me tell you .. Still fighting to eat and get better .. Mentally , Physically . Spiritually Im pretty much ok .. but the other two took me down .. Taking care of us we as mommas forget we need to be pampered to .. We don't get the loves back from are kiddo's we give and give and give ....... LOL NOT funny but we have to give back to ourselves , if we don't !!! Take a look at me now ..weeeeeeee. This is what the stress is or I am doing it to myself .. omgosh . I am working on taking care of Janice for once in my life .. Oh yah been a single mom all of his life too ... That hasn't been a bed or roses but Ive done good with my son , he is a love ..
and we all need to be good to us !!! Much loves to you good post ..we are all supermoms !!!!! & Grandparnt's. step moms sisters /Faters all that apply ......

MommieOfCamden
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I've gained 25 pounds since november and I'm struggling so bad to get it off.

widespreadpanic
by Co-Owner on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I have cried and smoked way too many cigarettes. I am quiting in April but I started to work out several months ago and that really helps with stress.

Aidansmom213
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Quoting MommyJanice44:

Ok you want me to be honest , I have lost a ton of weight , been the hardest year with my son / been many of hard years  .. So many changes have happened to him .. Never thought my son would be home with me 24/7 ...... Its all due to something happening to him at School , It will be a year in April he has never not been out of  school .. So the stress over the mourning of him not getting out Socially has torn me to smithereens to really stop and check myself Iv been so sick from nerves and virus's going around . My system was so weak that I think I caught ever virus out there . UGH .......... So now it's time for mommies to take care of Mommie . Been down for two month and stress is a kicker for sure , change isn't easy with an 18 year old , I am not getting any younger either .. So I am trying so hard to take better care of me .... always put Kyle first but Now I'm finally realize that without mommie I'm  of no help to Kyle .. WOW how this year came in with a bang let me tell you .. Still fighting to eat and get better .. Mentally , Physically . Spiritually Im pretty much ok .. but the other two took me down .. Taking care of us we as mommas forget we need to be pampered to .. We don't get the loves back from are kiddo's we give and give and give ....... LOL NOT funny but we have to give back to ourselves , if we don't !!! Take a look at me now ..weeeeeeee. This is what the stress is or I am doing it to myself .. omgosh . I am working on taking care of Janice for once in my life .. Oh yah been a single mom all of his life too ... That hasn't been a bed or roses but Ive done good with my son , he is a love ..
and we all need to be good to us !!! Much loves to you good post ..we are all supermoms !!!!! & Grandparnt's. step moms sisters /Faters all that apply ......

YOUR AWESOME....THAT IS AN UNDERSTATMENT

Aidansmom213
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:07 PM

wE ARE STRONGER THAN THE AVERAGE BEAR!!    THANKS TO YOU ALL

staciejung
by Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I started drinking too much wine at night after dd went to bed. I recognised it and cut down. I don't think I"m an alky, just self-medicating. I also gained weight because I was drinking and eating and while I was doing that, I would feel better. Then I'd wake up in the middle of the night and and feel worse.

Now I take 20 mg of Prozac and do yoga daily and save wine for Friday nights only (probably still a little dysfunctional, but I'm controlling it.)

staciejung
by Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Quoting trippyhippy:

Same with me but now I am trying to loose it all.  I am down 28 lbs since new years!

28 pounds! Wow, you are an inspiration.

twincrazy01
by Member on Mar. 8, 2010 at 9:51 AM

I have done the same thing since my ds was diagnosed a couple of years ago and then last year he was diagnosed with diabetes also, so I ate all the time to try and take the fear and anger away.  I thought I had given it all to God, but realized that I was still hanging on to it and would eat to sooth myself.   I have started weight watchers and working out @ the gym to finally take care of myself, so that I can be there for him, his brother and my husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)