• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Teacher Next year

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:21 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 189 Total Views

My daughter has been with the same teacher for k-2 grades (small group) w/ segments out for math and specials. She is scheduled to change teachers next year. I am worried about the change for next year. any suggestion on helping her make this change. She is aready showing some repeblious behavior when the old teacher or para leaves the room.

Faith makes it possible , love makes it easy :)
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
dawncs
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM

This is normal about being assigned a new teacher. It is in the Special Education law about no more than a three grade difference be assigned to a classroom. You might want to over the summer help her become familar with her new classroom if possible or at least week before. See if you can help her set up for the new school year and bring her along.

Dawn
Author and freelance writer
http://www.toyboxunlimited.com/

AngelaPatton
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:43 AM

You both should try to get to know her new teacher before the start of next year.  Will the para be moving with her?  My son has 2 different paras during the day and at the beginning of the school year we always make sure one of them is someone who we know works well with him.  That one trains the other along with an "inservice" in the summer to go over his behavior plan. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)