• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Patience is a virtue right?!?!?!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 266 Total Views

Well after fighting two years my son was evaluated and approved for an augmentive communication device called the Vantage Lite.

After months of paper work, endless phone calls, and lots of waiting........HIS CASEWORKER IS BRINGING IT TODAY AT 1PM. In less than an hour I will be holding the key to unlocking my son's communication. I CANT WAIT

I'm Jess...wife to Jared...Mama of 4. 3ofmyown+1ofhis=4kids:   Amanda (sd) 10, Amethyst  7 (Pdd-Nos), Isaac 5 (Autism and Epilepsy) & Elijah 2.  I support Nursing In Public and am anti-vaccines.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mustbeGRACE
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:33 PM

That is soo great!

Keep us posted and good luck.

1fan4ianboy
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:54 PM

That is fantastic. i know how you feel, sometimes it seems like the red tape has no end and that we are the only one who has our childs best interest at heart. What a great mother you are to keep up the fight for your son to have a better life. :)      Good Job mom!

destiny29
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Finally! I remember you talking about this months ago! How did he react to it? What is his favorite phrase so far? I'm tearing up just thinking about it: for the first time he will be able to tell you what's been locked inside... how truly wonderful to be alive in this day and age, huh? I pray it brings many happy days, fewer frustrations and many, many break-throughs!!!! Hooray!bouncing

MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Apr. 2, 2010 at 4:52 PM

How exciting for you and him  , hope it go's well for the both of you . Please let us no each word he says' how it works out .. ; ) Oh yes on patience is totally a virtue .. That we do have had to learn . lol

MamaGlitterBug
by Group Admin on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Well I have to do 12 hrs of mandatory training which has been near IMPOSSIBLE to find. I was able to unlock it from ship mode and let him play it a bit. He did this sort of test where it says FIND ___ and he found almost all of them on the first try!  It helps him learn the function of it buttons a bit and get used to the sound of the voice. I can't wait til Monday. I have to go to his school and give them the device to program all the way and do a mini training session 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)