Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Re-introducing myself, Looking to connect w/other moms

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 360 Total Views

Hi I am re introducing myself.  Had computer problems and took awhile a long while to get a replacement computer.  My name is Kitty also known as PaulaAnn I have a 19year old with autism, glad to be back to connect with other mommies with similiar situations.  Hope to connect with other moms of autistic children.

Thanks

Autism.gif Autism image by linzimommyof2

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
michie82477
by Member on Jun. 7, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Hi! I have a 15 (almost 16) year old step son with autism. How severe is your son? My stepson is somewhat sever, he will never be able to live on his own and can not speak without being prompted to. Its nice to talk to someone with an older child. Everything you read on line is about younger children. It almost had me wondering if they all become cured at age 13? ;) my name is michelle btw. Hope to talk to you soon!  

MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Jun. 7, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Quoting michie82477:

Hi! I have a 15 (almost 16) year old step son with autism. How severe is your son? My stepson is somewhat sever, he will never be able to live on his own and can not speak without being prompted to. Its nice to talk to someone with an older child. Everything you read on line is about younger children. It almost had me wondering if they all become cured at age 13? ;) my name is michelle btw. Hope to talk to you soon!  

Im with ya welcome , I have a 19 year old named Kyle , he is severely autistic and has no form ofcommunicaton other then what has been learned , He can't  let me no how he is feeling/hurting , He is the love of my life ..Yes we need to start a group for older mommas huh . lol .. or we just all need to keep in touch w/ each other amazing what they have out there for are kiddo's now huh .. We didn't have much what I had to learn was all on my own thank the lord for groups like this one .. we rock lol .. all of us moms are in this together !!

TeresaRP
by Member on Jun. 8, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I like reading the posts that the moms that have older kids with autism write. Because we are ALL eventually going to have older children/adult children with it and ya'll are the ones teaching us how to do it...voices of experience and of what we can expect in the future. For this, I thank you. If all of us are focused ONLY on the right now, how can we help our kids for the future?

Again...THANK YOU!!!!!!

Beth100
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Kitty, Hi & welcome back.......Computers!  You can't live with or without them!  Anyway, I have an eight year old severly autistic grandson.  I know that we are all glad to have you back and will support you in any way.  Has your child always lived at home?  The reason I ask is that my grandson got such erratic behaviors that he had to be put in a PCS home.  We see him often, but it is painful, other than he is doing so well there and making such improvements that we of course are delighted for him.  I will be happy to hear back from you........Beth100

kitty068
by Member on Jun. 16, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Thanks ladies for responding to my post.  Looking forward to talking and learning from other moms.

FreeGlitterParty.com - where the party never stops sparkling!MS KITTY

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)