Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I WISH AUTISM WOULD JUST GO AWAY!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:34 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 598 Total Views

Gosh why why why is all i an ask myself??? why does this have to exsist? why did it have to be my child? why? i find myself in a position where I just wish this would go away and my son could have a happy normal life just like the rest of the other kids. I wish he could understand the concepts of a story the concept of the day....i wish he could tell me what he did today and what he wants to do and all these things and he cant!! i will never give up on him though because i know one of these days he will be able to do great things in life! i just love him soo much that it hurts me....it hurts really bad to know my son has a disorder no one can explain....sorry fellow parents i just needed to vent!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JohnnyCakes
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:58 AM

I think all parents of a child with any kind of developmental delay or disability go through this. It comes and goes, and in the first few monhs after diagnosis it was one big rollercoaster for me and our family. I'd go from accepting her for who she is to questioning why it is put on us and not someone else. But I like to remind myself of one thing. My child needs my help, maybe more or maybe less than some other children need thier parents. But the more energy I put into wondering why, or feeling sad about it, the less energy I have to help her to reach her potential. It's hard enough to keep all her paperwork straight, keep her insurane coverage, keep her eating, keep up to date with doctors and appointments and new therapies, new vitamins, new behaviors. Just try to focus on the positive (easier said than done, I know) and someday these questions won't haunt you so much. I know in my heart that Autism has made me into a person I never knew I could be -- it's amazing what love and devotion for your child will do to you, and your family.

:) And hugs :) Because I've been there...

trippyhippy
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Girl, I feel ya.  I am so F'ing sick of autism and everything that comes with it.

kitty068
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I have those days too, and my son is nineteen he was diagnosed at 3 1/2 so its been about 16 years of nothing but Autism. It has consumed all of my time and energy so it is okay to vent , sometimes I get so stressed out.

nicksmommy1000
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Thanks for writing this - many of us feel the same way. 

MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Ditto on that one , someday you will see why , Although this is the hardest job in the world taking care of are children , Just wait until you see what I do in my son , the joy of not knowing about the bad in the world wow I wish that was me , the memory he has is absolutely in the category of a genius ,  .. I guess it took me 19 years to figure out the special Gifts my son has , but don't think that everyday this thought you think and or feel doesn't hit home hard with me too ......... Acceptance to accept it and make the very very best we can like you were saying your going to never give up , Stand firm in knowing that somehow someway this was meant to be . Someday For all of us we can either stay in the what ifs thats a bad place for us mommas , just no sweetie your so not alone , ALL OF US FEEL THE SAME WAY . EVERY SINGLE DAY , In one way or another .. big hugs to you , look for the little miracles K . there are so many U just you haven't had the chance to see them all yet .. Hang in there momma .. Caregiving is the hardest job in the world find time for you when you can .. lovesssssss  

MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Quoting kitty068:

I have those days too, and my son is nineteen he was diagnosed at 3 1/2 so its been about 16 years of nothing but Autism. It has consumed all of my time and energy so it is okay to vent , sometimes I get so stressed out.

My Kyle is the same age , same too at 3 he was diagnosed , I have yet to meet very many  mommas on here that has a child my Kyle's age, cool .. HECK YA ON THE STRESS !!  This group is the best place to let out and let it go ........To the momma on here " we all no how your feeling .."

justinsmom841
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:13 PM
Hola moms
my son is autistic
He is 13 ! And he stresses me too
it has consumed my life his behaviors r getting woorse but the love is biger
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2little1s
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:44 PM

HUGS! I feel the same way!  I hate, hate hate autism and would do anything to take it away from my daughter!  You are not alone!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)