Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need advice!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:15 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 262 Total Views

i have an 8 year old son who is autistic. i am very much agenst vaccines. my 2 younger children are ages 1 and 2. i would like to go back to school. how do i get daycare for my kids if they have no shots?????

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AngelaPatton
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:50 PM
There should be a form that you fill out saying your child is not vaccinated for personal, religious, or medical reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twins0506
by Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:39 AM
Beth100
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Oral vaccines are available for most childhood diseases.  They are much easier tolerated, & if you  can get a provider to work with you, your child can have them one at a time, eliminating most of the danger.  Talk to your doctor about it.  We had oral H1N1 for my severly autistiuc grandson.  He had already had his other shots.  However, since your child has autism, in some states, you can get away without vaccines.  Of course paperwork is involved.  Good luck, Beth100

twinmom_of_3
by Member on Jul. 27, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I have no idea although they are your children and it is your decision not to vaccinate them.  I urge you to reconsider.  I understand that there may be some validity to the link between vaccines and autism and i would believe you if you siad you thought is was the cause of your son's autism.  But I still believe that benefits of vaccines outwieghs that risk.  One day we will find the cause/cure for autism till then all we can do is hope pray and do our best.  I think home schooling is the only way you will be able to keep your chilren unvaccinated.  Good luck I hope you find your answer.

Bellesan
by Member on Jul. 28, 2010 at 11:42 PM

We stopped vaccines as soon as our daughter was diagnosed.  She only gets the flu nasal vaccine now since it had no preservatives.  It works well for her.  If the other vaccines would go to that we would probably catch her up but to get her into school we signed a religious waiver.  It was SOOOO easy.  Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)