Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

overweight problem need help!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:58 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 322 Total Views

Hello, my son is 8 years old with autism. He is really overweight and I have been trying everything! I really need help with this. Is anyone else having this problem? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you

SuZaNnE jigsaw ribbon

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LadyLuxy
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Do you have him in any sports activities? We had our son in karate for a while to try and help his focus and concentration, and he loved it. 

justinsmom841
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 5:24 PM
I'm a personal trainer and my son has autism and he i's very slim because of me ( genes) but also because we have an active lifestyle and we eat healthy
Nothing restrictive but we eat organic , fresh homemade , you might want to see the family history , and then food and lifestyle and then meds some meds will gain weight others make you lose ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stillstandin246
by Member on Feb. 11, 2011 at 11:06 AM

My daughter is 6 and we have that problem.  And she is very active, never slows down, never walks, runs everywhere.  And she's not eating potato chips and candy bars but she is very compulsive and I'm starting to realize that she thinks because she WANTS chicken nuggets, that's what she HAS to eat, that she has that compulsion and can't do anything about it.  She doesn't understand that she can make choices.  And she doesn't understand links.."if that then this" kind of thing.  Her teachers and I have decided we have to train her to get it.  The autism teacher at her school tried to talk to her about it and she got blank looks so we are trying to find or come up with some kind of a healthy eating chart where she has to mark down what she eats. For example maybe she gets 2 sweet things a day or 2 glasses of juice or whatever.  When she eats one she has to mark it off, but its got to be very visual and very concrete.  Message me and we can chat and I will let you know what I come up with.

autism.mom
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Does anyone know of any medication that can help lose weight? I am trying everything for my son and nothing is working? I am very nervous

SuZaNnE jigsaw ribbon

sarahrose0413
by Member on Mar. 1, 2011 at 8:08 AM

What meds is he on right now??? ALOT of these meds have weight gain  as a side effect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)