Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sensory Processing Disorder ... How to help / find so much information ...

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 1762 Total Views

j.
www.sensory-processing-disorder.com
A comprehensive Sensory Processing Disorder Checklist; signs and symptoms of tactile, auditory, olfactory and oral defensiveness, as well as proprioceptive and vestibular dysfunction

Are you wondering why your child covers their ears or eyes, chews everything, spins, won't tolerate a spoon in their mouth, doesn't want to wear clothing, won't eat crunchy foods, deliberately bump into things or hit themselves, loses their balance easily, is in constant motion, will only sleep with heavy blankets, likes jumping or stamping feet, fearful of sounds, likes to smell everything, likes a dark room........

by on Mar. 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arkansasmama08
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I was given a great book called The Out OF Sync Child. Been very enlightening
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelaPatton
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:10 AM
The Out of Sync Child Has Fun is FABULOUS for activity ideas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proud2007mommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:27 AM

The Out of Sync Child is a good book for Sensory Processing Disorder.

ShadowRaven
by Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 7:13 AM

I'm currently reading this, it's fabulous. :)

Quoting proud2007mommy:

The Out of Sync Child is a good book for Sensory Processing Disorder.

Babymayyoung
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I love the book Out of Sync Child and Raising a Senory Smart Child. After our OT recommended those 2 books, we now know why Maia is behavioring a certain way and try to make life easier for her to adapt. Right now my finace' ordered Out of Synch child @ play for us to help with activities around the house for us and our little one.

Beth100
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:13 PM

All of the above!  My grandson is severly autistic and although he liked crunchy...any food with a new texture is hard to get him to try. He is in constant motion and also has all the other symtoms you mentioned.

MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:24 PM

So glad this is helping you .. I am getting the book to read myself . some good stuff in this for all of us .......... love ya to all my Momma Warriors' .............. 

MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Quoting Beth100:

All of the above!  My grandson is severly autistic and although he liked crunchy...any food with a new texture is hard to get him to try. He is in constant motion and also has all the other symtoms you mentioned.

My Kyle too has all the symptoms too that they mention .. Helps to have great information to help us all ......... We need all the help we can get ......... This group is a blessing too for me and couldn't have done or do what i am doing without knowing I AM NOT ALONE . For years i felt I was until I found all of you so thank you all ..........

Sandyr911
by Member on Mar. 31, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Until i knew what it was we threw away i dont know how many pairs of socks....or they mysteriously disappeared!  The seams were too big.....along with a multitide of other things.

The Out of Sync child was awesome.

MamaRita
by Group Owner on Mar. 31, 2011 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting MommyJanice44:

Quoting Beth100:

My Kyle too has all the symptoms too that they mention .. Helps to have great information to help us all ......... We need all the help we can get ......... This group is a blessing too for me and couldn't have done or do what i am doing without knowing I AM NOT ALONE . For years i felt I was until I found all of you so thank you all ..........

This just defined Lane to a T!!

Good info Janice, Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN