• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spitting

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:14 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 354 Total Views

does anybody else have a aspie who plays with his /her spit? any tips to stop it? Or is this just normal 7 year old habits?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
crazymamaof7
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Keegan does that alot and to where he will spit on his hands and then rub it all over my glass doors.  I have found if I give him a battery operated toothbrush turned on and just let him put it in his mouth and use a surgi brush and rub his hands 15 times each hand swiftly it helps cut down on it but doesn't stop it all together.  I use the toothbrush like you would a chewie for oral sensory and it seems to help him at least better than just  a chewie.  Good luck and if you find something that works better let me know cuz it can be frustrating.      

Beth100
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:28 AM

My grandson, now nine used to spit,  then he would drool and play with it.  That made me NUTS!  But he has stopped that behavior.....of course there are other behaviiors to replace it.  But the spitting and drooling behavior, I was glad to see go.  Just try not to make too big a deal about it.......whe willl tire of it, I expect.  Beth100

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/Beth100
Gemini5
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:34 AM

my aspie is 8 years old and just started spitting all over the place inluding on people-I need help as well,good lucck to us both-hugz

kitty068
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Oh lord I remember those days, and it was not long ago. My son is 20 he was about 16 when he started.  He would put his finger in his mouth and put spit on it and then wipe it on people.  People who knew him would run when they saw him coming, including in school. He had to sit away from the other kids because he would upset the whole class doing that.  I thought that I was going to go insane trying to keep him from that.  Then he just stop doing it, he still touches people but minus the spit.  I hope you find something soon. Of course he has replaced that habit with another, but that spitting was the worst. People could not stand to be near him.  It was one of among many, the hardest times to deal with him.

rohansmom137
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:33 PM

thanks everybody

spidermansmom
by Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:33 PM

i have no idea but heres a bump.

spidermansmom
by Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:33 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)