• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Helping a Child Make Friends at School

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:09 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 543 Total Views

My son had a difficult time making friends at school when he was young. If your child is struggling to make and keep friends, you may want to check out this article I recently posted 

Learning to Make Friends to Survive the Social Scene at School

http://parentcoachingforautism.com/2011/07/learning-to-make-friends-to-survive-the-social-scene-at-school/

Please share, if you have any tips of your own!

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mom2threeAZ
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 11:56 AM
Thank you for posting this! My 7 yr. old son hasn't made or kept one friend as of yet. I think it's harder on me than him!
MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Aug. 22, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Quoting Mom2threeAZ:

Thank you for posting this! My 7 yr. old son hasn't made or kept one friend as of yet. I think it's harder on me than him!

I too felt the same way when my son was in school , he still talks about two of is good friends , just wished he still had them .. He has been out of school for 2 years now ......... He still talks to them oh how that breaks my heart xo.. I agree with ya on it being harder on us .............

ConnieHammer
by Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 7:50 AM

It is painful for us as parents to watch our children struggle to make or keep friends. I didn't realize when mine were little that there was much I could do but I am hoping to empower parents of young children today by sharing the strategies I have learned. Things can change, don't ever give up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)