Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ignored on his birthday :(

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:51 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 333 Total Views

My autie son turned 9 last thursday. To date no one from his dad's family has bothered to acknowledge it. They did however send cards and gifts to his sister on her birthday. I feel really bad for him, he has been acting out a lot in the last week and after therapy yesterday finally told me he was really mad about it. I just don't know anymore what to say or do... It was even pointed out to his uncle that he forgot to tell him happy birthday but he didn't call or text after that either. Meanwhile uncle sports a "i love someone with autism" app on his facebook and acts like a super christian out in public.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momof3_dll
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:11 PM

aww that's so sad.  Have you asked dad's family why they feel it's ok to treat him that way?  I'd be so livid but know that I could never change someone.  I don't know what advice to give you other than trying to explain to your son that he isn't at fault and acknowledging how he feels.  But I'm sure you have done this already :) 

drewsmom12
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Oh, that is so sad. I would tell the family that they are not allowed to send your daughter gifts etc. if they are going to treat your son like that. This story just breaks my heart. Just keep reassuring your son that you love him & that some people don't always make the right decisions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)