Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adhd type issues

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:45 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 252 Total Views

Does anyone have any experience with ADHD type issues? 

Deacon is almost 4 and has been in PPCD (special needs preschool) for a year.  He's SUPER hyperactive and has issues focusing.  He just can't sit still and his teachers (3 adults to 5 kids) have trouble with him running away from them.  They're amazing women and do a great job.  Deacon is just SUPER high maintainence. 

Two weeks ago Deacon was taking some cold medicine that "slowed him down"... it was like a miracle!  He did great at school and was a happy, sweet, attentive boy. 

But now that he's done with the medicine... it's back to  "tasmanian devil"  kid.

I hate the idea of medicating him... but I'm afraid that it's something that he may really need.  I've made an appt with his doctor to talk about it on Friday.

Do any of you have any experience with this... medication in a very young autistic child?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
rhianonmat
by Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Nothing?

WarriorMum
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Hi

My son has co-morbid ADHD along with Autism...

Strangely enough..caffeine works well for children like ours..a glass of cola (not diet) or a spoonful of coffee send them right over the threshold, the same way the medicine did for your little one.

I was hesitant at first when another mum told me that she gave her 8 year old a mug of coffee each morning as it goes against everything we know about nutrition.

It also helped my son with his constipation, his body had become immune to the medical treatments over the  years. We noticed that he was going more regularly since we introduced cola into his diet..he has a glass full each morning

drinking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)