Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I Run Away?!!?!

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 300 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Can I run away?  Lately Ryan has been UGLY at home.  I have no idea why and what is going on with him. He will wake up early in the morning and just go into a fit and if I try to hold him I get bit,hit and pinch.  He isnt wet I give him a drink and he doesnt want it and he doesnt want anything to eat.  I dont know if he is having nightmares or night terrors. He then will settle down and be as if nothing has happen. This morning I got pinch hit and bit.  I want to comfort him and hold him but if he is having a fit how do I do this? They should us in school how to do it. He is waking his dad up and sister and the nieghbor upstairs can hear him.  I'm making a doctor appointment tomorrow to see if he feeling good. He does sound a little horse  so maybe that is it. At school he hasnt had any fits in awhile. 

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrs.ed.griffith
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
It is definitely hard to tell why they are having melt downs when they cant tell you what is wrong. Has he been sleeping well? Have there been changes to any routines he is used to? With eddie, my son he usually goes to speech on fridays at noon with his nana and i had to take him this week at 330 and he acted out alot when i took him bc its not what he is used to. Idk, hopefully the doctor can help you! Sorry i was not very helpful! Just be strong, let him melt in a safe place and hopefully he will feel better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes it is very hard when they can't tell us what it wrong , if it is only when he is waking up then he might be having night terrors'  .. As for him being in pain I too see my son act the same exact way when he is going into a full-blown meltdown it's his stomach that is hurting and then he is just fine ......... Best thing they told me to do is try to Not " fall into his actions which is harder then heck not to do but to walk away making sure he is safe in his surrounds but paying more attention when they are in full blown meltdowns or hurting himself & us we have to just leave them be ............ HEART BREAKING TO SAY THE LEAST My heart go's out to you mama .. Good luck in finding out if he is sick or not ?  Hope things get better they always do .. R ups and downs and downs and up with autism ........ ha ............. hugsssssss .... p.s I will run away with ya  K ' I was just saying that today lol ......... I wanna just run away ......... your not alone ... 

GROUP OWNER  Just click on the group logo to visit! 
JaniceAutism-1.gif picture by janicegodblessSUPPORT GROUP FOR MOM'S WHO HAVE CHILDREN WITH AUTISM

itmummy
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:44 AM

We took him to the doctor to have him looked at his ears and throat. Ryan gets a lot of swimmers ears during the summer from swimming. The doctor said his ears are fine and so is his throat and just in case to put some drops in his ears made from rubbing alchol and vinegar to prevent swimmers ear.

chelseamcnorman
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

My prayers go out to you! This is so hard when this happens... the really bad tantrums always come in clusters it seems (one week nothing; the next week, twice a day everyday). I agree with the others that he's probably not feeling well. Could be he's sick, having extreme sensory sensitivies, is sleep-deprived, too many mosquito bites, etc. If he has trouble communicating, that can be especially hard if he can't tell you what's wrong. My heart and prayers go out to both of you! Just remember that this, too, shall pass!

p.s. Just a thought: every child is different, of course, but when I started my daughter on Nystatin (the "gentle" one of the anti-fungal meds) and began to eliminate the excess sugar from her diet, these episodes DRASTICALLY slowed down (she had already been on a GFCF diet up until this point). Candida overgrowth makes so many of these kids feel just plain yucky by creating an inner ecosystem in which pathogens can easily attack and thrive. Check out www.bodyecology.com for some interesting articles to this effect. 

Lydlou02
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Can I run away with you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sithpadawans
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Only if you take me with you! My boys have been asolute terrors! I used to blame it on the full moon, cause that was when they would be the worst. Now it is the new moon that creates terror and mayhem. I wanted to hand each of them $20 and tell them good luck with life and toss their butts out the door!

itmummy
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:11 AM

OK let's GO!!!  Onlyif we go somewhere that we get waited on hand and foot. DEAL??!!!

KickButtMama
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:44 PM
The hardest thing is giving them space when we mommies feel the need to give comfort. My eldest is an Aspie, and he has lately been able to start describing things and behaviors. Acting out is a cascade event. Once a 'freak out' begins its like any more stimulation is pure torture. It doesn't matter if it is softly spoken or acted out of love, they just can not take one more thing until the cascade wears down. So, now that my son is just about 11 he's learning to self regulate. We've worked out signals so we, his family, know when he needs space and quiet..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)