Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so tired and discouraged

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:36 PM
  • 32 Replies
  • 1431 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I am just so tired.  Two of my kids were just recently diagnosed with autism.  They both need aba therapy of which I cannot afford and frankly they are driving me nuts.  I feel terrible for saying that but at this time I have one who is pushing the laundry basket in circles and one who is sitting on the couch having a melt down because he is just now realizing he is missing his glasses after 4 hours.  I had to call the poison control today because my son thought he would try out some greenworks which he climbed onto the washer and got to the very top shelf (we have 9 ft ceilings) to get.  I thought they were high enough.  They completely destroy my house every day.  I clean it up and in less than two hours these two destroy it.  I have no clue how to discipline them.  Everything I read is behavior modification but it doesn't really tell me how to do it.  I read to make a communication chart but no suggestions on how.  I feel I have no support and frankly my friends really have no clue what I am going through.  I know this sounds calloused but at church everyone rallies around the girl we have that has cancer (as well they should, I pray for her everyday) but no one seems to understands the amount of stress we are under.  No, our children aren't ill but we are dealing with something that very much rips at the fabric of our very family.  I asked my developmental pediatrician his thought on my oldest (13) because of his anger, and eccentricities and when I went down the long list of what we see in him (I'm think add or something like that) and he says it sounds like asperger's to him of course he would have to evaluate him.  I never really though about it but I do see the narrow interest and a lot of oddities he does along with no friends and such.   I am 100% convinced my husband has aspergers and he is convinced of it too.  His dad fits the profile as well.  On top of it my 2 year daughter is starting to tip toe and no one can seem to make her smile the majority of the time. She could freeze hell over though with the looks she does give.  She doesn't liked to be touched most of the time.  I am trying not to be paranod about it.  I feel I am falling into a deep depression.  I find myself going to get something from the store all the time so I can have peace and quiet.  I don't even like coming home.  Am I making too big a deal about this?  I know I just need to move on and stop being such a cry baby.

Thanks for letting me vent

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
humbledmom310
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

How old are the two that were recently diagnosed? Are they verbal? Communication boards work wonders. You can make them differently depending on your childs language and cognitive levels. When my son was first diagnosed at age 2 , he was completely non verbal so we took pictures of different things around the house that he may want or need to communicate about. I used velcro stickys and made a board up on the wall. He could pull off the picture and give it to me when he wanted something. As he started to talk I did not need to label items as much ,I made cards up for emotions and actions . ex. happy, sad, mad, and wait, not a choice, your turn, ect. .Now that he is 4 and a half he is completely verbal ,but we still use a visual schedule to help him feel more secure with his day. It can be pictures of what they will be doing through out the day or in my sons case (because he can read) just a written schedule up on his wall .

Giving your child a way to communicate with you will definitely help with behavioral issues. Be careful with disciplining until you find out what mental age your children are functioning on and then act accordingly. You do not want to discipline them for something they do not understand.  :)

kryysteez
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Vaccines with all their toxic ingredients have created millions of children just like yours.  I dont know how anyone can be a normal parent now days.  There have been recent surveys done on the NON-VACCINATED children and they dont have any of the problems that SO MANY vaccinated children have.  500% less.  They dont have behavior problems either.  So if you have another child, dont vaccinate and see the difference.  PURE children are GOOD children because they dont feel like crap from all the poisons in vaccines.

fadmc
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:21 PM
8 moms liked this
Seriously lady,
She is looking for support not a vaccine rant. BTW i have 7 kids all vacinated and only 1 on spectrum. All children are pure and for you to suggest otherwise is simply a sad thing. Do you have a child on the spectrum? Also have a friend with 4 unvaccinated kiddos and yup all on the spectrum.

For the Mom who made this post my heart goes out to you. Realize that people without kids on spectrum will never get it. Those of us with Asd kids do. Sorry for her ignorant post in a time where you needed help. I am here if u need to talk or vent.

Quoting kryysteez:

Vaccines with all their toxic ingredients have created millions of children just like yours.  I dont know how anyone can be a normal parent now days.  There have been recent surveys done on the NON-VACCINATED children and they dont have any of the problems that SO MANY vaccinated children have.  500% less.  They dont have behavior problems either.  So if you have another child, dont vaccinate and see the difference.  PURE children are GOOD children because they dont feel like crap from all the poisons in vaccines.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teatyme4us
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand what you mean. I have a non verbal 17 yr old son. vent away! I get it! Here for support anytime.

Apple1
by Head Admin on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

No, your not making a big deal out of it momma...Know that each and every one of us have felt the way you are feeling, and it's ok.  We all have our hard days, our not so good days....and it is hard.  Do you have any family members or someone who can watch the kids when you get home even for an hour or so to get away?  Not sure if you are still married, but your husband could watch them for you while you go out for some time away...I think all of us mom's need this, we are all warrior mom's and without a break every now and then, life can become really hard and overwelming!  I'm going to be homeschooling my son as he also has medical needs and so, I have scheduled time during the week to go do something I enjoy and it has helped so much.... I know it's not always easy to find someone to watch your kids, but if you can once a week, and helps so much!  I'm sending big hugs to you momma, keep your chin up, and please take sometime for just you!!!  (((Love and Hugs)))

Apple1
by Head Admin on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Quote:

Vaccines with all their toxic ingredients have created millions of children just like yours. I dont know how anyone can be a normal parent now days. There have been recent surveys done on the NON-VACCINATED children and they dont have any of the problems that SO MANY vaccinated children have. 500% less. They dont have behavior problems either. So if you have another child, dont vaccinate and see the difference. PURE children are GOOD children because they dont feel like crap from all the poisons in vaccines.

Many of our children have been vaccined injuried in this group...not always are children with autism vaccinated....so much of autism I believe comes from a toxic overload and for each child, that load is different based on so many things..... Even though our children have been injured, they still have so many gifts to teach us mom's day in and day out....Sending hugs to all you mom's who have vaccine injured children.

7blessings001
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Thank you for your support ladies.  This has been very hard for me.  I thought when I took them to be diagnosed I would be ok with it.  I have 7 kids and I am still married.  I am very blessed to have my husband who works very hard to allow me to stay home.  I use to homeschool all the kids but this year we decided I couldn't do it anymore.  My mom is helping to pay for private school for my 2 oldest.  I still homeschool my 9 and 7 year old.  My autistic son is going to public school which so far has ended with 4 out of 7 days being badl  The teacher keeps telling me not to worry about it.  That she has dealt with this for years and he is just getting use to things.  My 3yo autistic daughter will be going 1/2 day to publich school and I the 2 year old will be at home.Today I tried to take my 7 year old to cub scouts because it was the 1st day back and we ended up leaving half way through.  My husband was not able to be home because he travels with his job and tried to get home in time but was delayed.  I should have known better to give it a try.  They were awful.  I don't know how to deal with them.  Can you ever train them to sit still and behave themselves?  I  guess I never thought it would be this hard.   Unfortunately, it is just my husband and I here.  We really don't have anyone close by to give us a break.  Anyways, I do appreciate all the replies.  

7blessings001
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM

BUMP!

OnyxDragonlady
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM
2 moms liked this

My son got his vaccines late. He became non-verbal and showed all the  signs of Autism BEFORE he got his vaccinations. Please read this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/26/health/26vaccine.html

Also the OP needs support and advice not your rantings. 

I am trying to post this in response to kryysteez.

momjc04
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Big hugs mommy! I myself just realized that I'm pushing forward, trying to get through each day and bottling my emotions. You definitely need time to yourself, and never feel bad for needing a break and some quiet time. I am praying for you and your midgets and I am here if you need an ear.

Jasmin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)