Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism is pretty crappy!!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 5:09 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 603 Total Views

Literally and seriously!  I clean poop at least once a day!!!!!!  I think I'm starting to lose my mind! 

My 8 year old started relapsing on his potty training around fall of last year, and it's been pretty shitty!  I know I'm not the only one out there going through it, but I feel so alone and find myself relying on sarcasm and inappropriate jokes and poop references to get me through.  All my "normal kid" mom friends try to be there for me, but can you imagine a poop related accident every day?  unless you live on the spectrum, then no, you probably cant.  I can't tell if my coping skills are getting stronger, or they are slipping into manic like silliness with a glazed over eye and a maniacal laugh....  I HATE THE POOP!!!!!!

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apple1
by Head Admin on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs for you momma!!!  Yes, I agree with you autism can be very crappy some days, I think it's wonderful that you can make jokes to make light of the situation you are in!!  We all need a good laugh to keep us going :)  Know your not alone, my son has not yet mastered the potty, but we are working on it, regression is the hardest thing to deal with with our kids because you start to get so excited and happy that they have learned something new only to regress again...keep your chin up momma, sending big hugs to you!!

Beadinmom
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Hi Sarah!
I'm in the same boat, my now 9 y.o. is almost my weight and hieght, anyway he reverted back also, refusing to sit on the toilet no matter what I do. At school he stays dry, and as soon as he comes in the door before you ca say poop, well you guessed it he's done! All my friends ran when my son came along, you're lucky your friends with regular kids stuck around. I get so lonely and jealous sometimes I could scream!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crossnlilly
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:59 AM
4 moms liked this
I totally understand.My daughter was completely potty trained then regressed. I have had two years of cleaning poop. She will put her hands in it sometimes and then touch anything on the way to getting cleaned up.My funniest experience and I say funniest because if I didn't laugh I would cry. One day I was washing the dishes and Lilly took her poop filled pull up off and threw at my back. Now I tell people kids will throw all kinds of shit at you and I mean literally.:
chelseamcnorman
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this

This is why I don't have friends!

And making them is next to IMPOSSIBLE when ignorant mothers treat your child like a leper who's going to somehow "infect" their own children. You'd think that--what with autism being a huge EPIDEMIC and all--that other moms would not be so clueless, but unfortunately this seems to be the case. The good thing about autism is, we "spectrum mommies" don't have to waste time wondering whether or not people are really our friends. It's like a Natural Friend Filtration system, haha...and good riddance, I say! Who wants to surround themselves with ungrateful, ignorant, judgmental "friends"? "Not I!" said the lady up to her elbows in poop :)

Quoting Beadinmom:

Hi Sarah!
I'm in the same boat, my now 9 y.o. is almost my weight and hieght, anyway he reverted back also, refusing to sit on the toilet no matter what I do. At school he stays dry, and as soon as he comes in the door before you ca say poop, well you guessed it he's done! All my friends ran when my son came along, you're lucky your friends with regular kids stuck around. I get so lonely and jealous sometimes I could scream!

SarahCnDsMom
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I'm glad I'm not alone on this!  LoL I like the "Natural Friend Filtration System", that's exactly what it is!   Thankfully the friends my son got from my girlfriends having kids, are all the same age, and quite honestly, they would think something was wrong if my DS started all of a sudden behaving "normal"  lol.  I suck at making other mom friends too, I'm more of a probably too laid back rock n roll mama, not a "mommy and me" playgroup type, and the park is a nightmare for us.  We also have aggression problems too, so God forbid another kid pushes mine, I have to watch another mom have a bigger meltdown than her kid when mine nails hers.  AAAhhhhh, I suppose I should be glad I don't have a pre teen daughter wanting her first mini skirt or pair of pumps something, lol I'd take poop over THAT any day!!!!!  lol Oh life on the Spectrum is definitely interesting to say the least!

Cubanmom84
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:29 PM
I hate poop too, my son had a period of time where he would reach in his pull up and paint the walls, the tv, I feel for you, it is pretty crappy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinangels6107
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I don't have the poop I have the Pee!! my daughter doesn't like the feel of pooping. so i have to watch her every night after dinner she crosses her legs to hold it in and i run her to potty and then she goes. she is 5 yearsold. The pee on the othr hand is horrible. she is potty trained except nighttime she needs pull up. well she wakes up in middle of night takes it off cuz its wet and wets the bed. i tried changing her in middle of night not working tried taking her to potty in middle of night yeah no not working either. during day she was watching tv on couch and yup you got it peed on couch. then later on peed on floor. she is now on a half hour potty schedule just like potty training. i hate regression. So glad it isn't poop though omg feel for you guys.

DACIA79
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:05 AM
I can't relate to your situation. My pdd -nos son has really never had any trouble besides mild sensory issues and he was a late talker.

Anyway this isn't me bragging you must be a amazingly strong women to deal with such a thing.A lot of people would have gone crazy by long before now. I do know that Occupational Therapy helps with potty training and if possible maybe you can look into respite care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahCnDsMom
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM
He gets OT at his school, Social thinking stories have helped a bit as well. Pick up "everybody poops" it helped ease his anxiety a bit. We had a spring/summer full of transitions and major changes. All our progress went down the drain!
Oh and don't get me started on pee! That is another issue. Our water always is sky high from the laundry I do daily! I'm gonna wrap everything in plastic here if it doesn't get better here soon! Thanks for encouragement, nice to know I don't suffer alone! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
selaineh
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:30 PM

My son potty trained officially right before he turned five, but he still needs help wiping and we have to peer into the potty and tell him what "animal his poop looks like" lol.  But yes, at age five, those poops are pretty smelly and I'm about done with it all.  The problem is that he's a lously wiper and ends up with an angry itchy bum if we don't help.  Maybe ASD is why we only have one child?  He's absolutely fabulous but all we can handle!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)