Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism and Anti-psychotics NEED ADVICE PlEASE

Posted by   + Show Post

OK so here is the thing i have a 6 yr old boy with severe ASD however he loves touch hugs, pressure ect but anyways we have been having seizures lately so i took him to his doctor who recommended seeing a neurologist and i ended up leaving with 2 options either i put him on anti-psychotics or they put him in a institution which would not be pretty since they will have to go through me first i would die for my kids they are my life and all of this because in a 10 min session the dr determined with his hyperactivity that he was a danger to himself and others seriously anyone else dealing with this or have children on meds ?

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Replies (21-26):
MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Sending you my care ... Hope all is getting better for you and your little one .  

GROUP OWNER  Just click on the group logo to visit! 
JaniceAutism-1.gif picture by janicegodblessSUPPORT GROUP FOR MOM'S WHO HAVE CHILDREN WITH AUTISM

Apple1
by Head Admin on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs momma, before I tried any kind of seizer medicine, I would look into dietary changes.  Have you tried the GFCF diet, or tried seeing a DAN doctor?  There are specific diets for seizures that many parents have had success with.  Children with autism have a hard time digest gluten and casien proteins as they are harder to digest, they also cause behavioral problems as well as lack of focus and hyperactivity.  Also, epsom salt baths can help to calm them down (if he likes to take baths)  Many will start low at around 1/4 cup and build upto 2 cups if needed.  I will post some diets that help seizures soon, often times it's certain foods that can cause seizures and by eliminating them often times can help.  (((HUGS)))

Gtochic
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM

i would try natural things first...natural lithium helps with mood swings

, min-trans for anxiety

mogadishukim
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:03 PM

2nd Opinion, for Sure!!

Mpiggy4u
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Go Thur a neurologist,  I myself for years had to with epilepsy may have to for my some autism.  Just breath take it a day at a time.  It is so new the autism thing to me can be so overwellming   Have you tired flash cards with pictures maybe make him book he could point what he wants or sign language .  It can be so hard

EGNS
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

he was diagnosed with autism at 2.5 we do some sign language he knows about 15 signs now which is huge his teachers are awesome with him and he is making so much progress as for seizures we havent had another since he was put on keppra ao thats awesome

Quoting Mpiggy4u:

Go Thur a neurologist,  I myself for years had to with epilepsy may have to for my some autism.  Just breath take it a day at a time.  It is so new the autism thing to me can be so overwellming   Have you tired flash cards with pictures maybe make him book he could point what he wants or sign language .  It can be so hard

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN