Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a note for the newbies

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:45 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 184 Total Views
I've been away for quite some time, but this group helped so much in the beginning & I wanted to come back & offer what I can to moms who are where we were 4 years ago, so if I can answer any questions please fire away! Matthew is now 6. His speech is now only slightly behind his peers. He goes to regular school. He is in the top reading group & is quite good at math. He usually gets 100% on his spelling. He dresses himself & is completely potty trained. He loves to tell jokes & play board games. The county sent him for an assessment last year & the "professional" declared him cured (of course, untrue but that's another story). It's been a long journey so far, but who would have guessed that he would make this much progress? Anyway, the 2 biggest things I wish someone had told me were; you know way more than any "ASD expert" and don't feel defeated -- be patient & keep working on things and he WILL improve. Don't get me wrong, he still has issues, but I can see now that he will grow up to be able to function in our society. Have faith!
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN