Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snowy out and I am loosing my mind.

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 147 Total Views

Good Morning all. We have snow out, and the roads are bad ds is up early and bouncing off the walls. My dh is at work so just me and ds at home alone. All I wanted this morning was a simple cup of coffee before starting cleaning, and that was impossible till now. Ds loves music so got the karokie machine going so that I can have a few moments to visit my unknown friends in this group. I know that I am not alone here and this group has shown me that I am not the only one who gets frustrated by consitantly cleaning up, and just having a little me time is ok when I can get it. I cant tell you all how many times I have went to do laundry only to be followed and end up with clean but laundry that is not put away. I try to set goals for me and not stress about a half cleaned house, but sometimes it is just so hard.

Well all hope you have a great day.. Love to all.

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Amai
by New Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Tell me about it, I know how you feel...... I feel the same way we have been cooped up inside since Monday night but it looks like we may be able to go out today(yay). My son is 11 so he doesn't get in the way of my cleaning anymore. He however gets antsy because he is bored and wants to go out. He goes from antsy to pacing to crying, so that stresses me out. Over the years I learned not to stress over cleaning. Sometimes I don't clean because I am just depressed and don't feel like it, but that's ok......I think :-P Hope your day gets better..... HUGS
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aboverubies84
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I can really relate to this- its been quite cold outside (in the negatives), and even though "I" seem to know how to drive in the snow, it seems not many folks here do.. I don't trust their driving! So we have been hibernating in the house. Add to it my ds has some sort of bug. I really don't get much "me" time until they are all asleep.

Apple1
by Head Admin on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Hugs!  I know how those days can be, I think all of us mom's have been there at one time or another.  Maybe you can take sometime just for you in the evening when your son has gone to sleep or a little time in the morning before he wakes up.  The winter is always hard for us too, because my son loves playing outside, and it's so cold especially during December through February here.  Most days are spent inside and when we can to try to break up the monotony we will go for a drive or go to grandma and grandpas house to visit etc.... When your husband gets home from work, hopefully you can take sometime just for you, even if it's just a few minutes to take a nice relaxing bath!  Hugs to you momma, hang in there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)