Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ssi formula question..

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 158 Total Views

Does anyone get ssi for their child and if so what is the formula to the income resources? My son was approved but because of dh making too much money when he was in the national guard we could not get his monthly check. Now that he is retired "25 year in the guard" and back at his civilian job I am hopeing that we can get ds check started back, but just need to know what they count and how much they deduct for ssi..

Sorry for the confusion here. My son was approved but due to my husbands income in the past his check was cut off. I just need to know what percentage they deduct off the total income. Say we make for example 2000 a month, how much will they take off that ammount for things like food, rent, etc for the child. We did recieve a back payment, and he gets his 2nd installment in Febuary and the last one of the backpay in August.

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mpiggy4u
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Hi wish you the best of luck social security can take a while to get when you apply have all the paperwork showing your son has autism My son gets cause  I am disabled but when 18 He may get cause  was just test for autism best of luck if you do receive ssdi the usually retro active it back the day you applied

lasombrs
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:04 PM

We get it but are both unemployeed to car for DS's many health problems

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/disability_starter_kits_child_eng.htm

This website has the info on how to apply but says to contact your local office for income limits. I think they vary by state depending on differen laws

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)