Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello All

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 5:06 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 262 Total Views
 I am a mom of 2 kids - Nadine (5) and Aaron (23 mos), who was just diagnosed with moderate Autism this week.  Aaron was born with Craniosynostosis, and had surgery to correct it at 4 months.  I can't help but feel that there is a connection.  Anyone else have a child with developmental delays who has had neurosurgery as an infant?
by on May. 4, 2007 at 5:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommylovesjande
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2007 at 8:38 PM
Hi:

My brother had that and needed the surgery when he was 1 years old.  My brother is 45 now.  My brother does not have autism.

Karen
mimijackson
by Member on May. 5, 2007 at 9:51 AM
Wow - they did that surgery 45 years ago?  How did his head shape turn out?

-Mimi
mhershey
by Member on May. 5, 2007 at 10:26 AM
My son had a heart conition when he was born, Pulminary Hypertension. It is when a babies heart valve doesn't open when it is born, so the heart is unable to flush the blood. So the body isn't getting the oxygen it needs, including the brain.I think this is why my son has Autism. This is my opinion for my son, I really do think there is more than 1 cause, and thats why all of a sudden the statistics are rising at a startling rate.
mommylovesjande
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Hi:

Head shape is fine.  He just has a scar where the surgery was.  He has lived a very normal life after the surgery!

Good luck,
Karen

Sheila15
by on May. 8, 2007 at 9:45 AM
Hi my son had a severe throat infection when he was 1 1/2 yrs old and was completely dehydrated he had to stay for a week in the hospital with antibiotics. I truly believe this had something to do with his autism.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)