Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey Everyone!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:27 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 142 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Hey Everyone! I'm Kayla-26 year old mother to three boys ages 6, 5, and 4. Landen is six and in junior kindgergarten he is now considered typically developed, but he is still in speech therapy for his apraxia of speech. Didn't use functional language until he was about 3.5 years old ( Landen is not on the spectrum). Brayden is 5 years old he has received speech services since he was 18 months, went into early childhood at 2.5 years of age ( classroom mix of delayed children with typically developing children), still received speech in and out of school four times per week. Brayden is now going to a school for autism three days out the week and his regular ed classroom two days a week. This has only been in effect for one month and so far it hasn't been a good transition. He receives speech at regular ed school, at the autism school as well as manding, and tacting, he will begin ABA at regular ed school soon. He also receives occupational therapy in regular ed as well. Brayden does excellent in everything except speaking. He takes care of his own needs, communicates with pictures and signs, and simple requests such as help, and please, and more verbally. He can repeat many things he just does not use the language spontaneously. He has minimal sensory issues, but he does have a few "ticks". He is very loving. Kayden is almost 4 ( one week away from it), and he is a typical developing child whom has never had any delays. We have a busy household, but I'm always looking for ways to improve my children's learning experiences. Nice to meet everyone!

by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)