Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mom of twins / one with autism

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:39 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

I HAVE BOY GIRL TWINS.  MY SON IS AUTISTIC AND MY DAUGHTER IS NOT.  I AM LOOKING FOR OTHER MOMS WITH TWINS WHERE ONE IS AUTISTIC AND THE OTHER IS NOT.  I WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO SOMEONE IN THIS SAME SITUATION!!!

by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MomtoLukey
by New Member on May. 11, 2007 at 4:17 PM

Hello! We twin moms of one autistic-one not are hard to find. At least, I think so. My boys are 6 year old fraternal twins. Luke is high-functioning autistic-PDD and ADHD. It certainly makes parenting twins more challenging to have them so completely different. They are my 4th and 5th children. We were going for #4 and got an extra blessing!

My older children are 21, 20, and 14 years old. The 20 year old is fighting in Iraq right now, so that adds to the stress, too.

I have found my normal functioning twin, Scott, is very protective of Luke. Luke is verbal and that helps, but he has alot of issues with social aspects, education needs, speech problems, etc. It could be so much worse for us. BUT, that doesn't always make today's challenges any easier.

Write anytime. I don't know how often I'll be able to get on here. You have to know what I mean.  Smile  I'm going to try to get on each evening. So, I'll check back regularly to see if you want to talk.

twinmom7795
by New Member on May. 13, 2007 at 11:07 PM
hello,

i am so glad to hear from you!!!   i have tried to reply to you several times today and have been interrupted by the phone and the kids, so i don't remember if i ever hit the send button or not.  so you may get more that 1 reply from me!!!

i have met so many moms of autistic children , but none that have one with autism. 

my name is brenda and i have 3 children.  i am a stay at home mom and my husband is a college professor.  i taught elementary school before i had kids.  we live in marshall, texas which is a small town in east texas beside louisiana. 

my twins , abby and jesse, are boy / girl, age 11 and in the 5th grade.  i have a 6 year old son, noah , in kindergarten.  

i look forward to hearing from you and learning more about your kids.  i know it must be hard to have one in iraq. again thanks for writing!!!!                  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)