Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ijkn

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:34 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 600 Total Views
My daughter had been on respiradal for about a month no changes wat so ever hoeever she did complain sbout hving stiff neck.i contacted her doctor and he switched her to serioquil(however its spelled) she is nine and has asd and odd im just not understanding how shes able to over power all these meds and there is no changes in her behavior.i hate she is a medicaid recepient and we are in nc cause these doctors and the care we recieve isnt as productive as my friends with a lovely income and better insurance.i just dont knw its stressing her dad and i out so bad we are loosing or selves nothing weve done is working and she dosent qualify for certain services and everything tht would seemingly be productive is out of our income bracket.#jesustakethewheel
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Apple1
by Head Admin on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

What are your daughters symptoms?  Is it hyper activity?  Wanting to know more so we can give you some advice to further help you :)  Not sure if you have tried the gluten free, casien free diet?  No Gluten, No dairy can make a big difference in how our children feel with Autism, hard for them to digest and can cause so many behavioral issues.  ((HUGS))

nikkinicol1981
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Aggression and she whines screams and crys if nothing goes her way thts being spoiled and the O.D.D i knw she loves to kick and throw things too.she can just be playing with something and put it down and blaim her dad and i if she cant find it.she neeeever let nething shes dosent understand money and how much things are no matter how much we try and explain she beg for a limited edition doll the sametimes twice a day everyday.redirection is difficult as well but it sometimes work depending.ive tried diets intense in home meds im trying to figure out wat havent i tried

whitepointer
by Member on Dec. 15, 2014 at 12:39 AM

I cant believe that because of income you can only assess different medications that as best arnt that good,

as apposed to better meds that actually work if you are of a better income. Unbelievable. In australia we would have a situation wherebyt a lower income person would get meds subsidised heavilly..ie $6 a script. Our health system is a lot better here (australia). Thankgod we live here.

mogadishukim
by Member on Dec. 16, 2014 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My son's Doctor Jerry Kartzinel said that one thing to remember is kids on the autism spectrum don't have a placebo effect. Meds either work or they don't. When they don't work, it is important to return to the doctor and follow up. Prescription meds have some serious side effects, so it is never worth giving them unless they are effective. 

Diet is REALLY important. It can improve so very many symptoms for so many, including the ones you describe. My 20 year old son had a recent event where avoiding gluten and sugary desserts wasn't worth the trouble and we wanted to attend , so I already decided I would take the fallout. Sure enough, he was very agitated and angry after his bath time that night, and it took 2 hours longer for him to settle down and go to sleep after his bath. He loves his bath, and usually transitions to bed without any angry outbursts. He was right as rain in a couple of days. 

Diet matters...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)