Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling guilt for working full time

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:11 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 633 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Hello everyone. I have a 2 yr old with autism and I'm currently working full time. I'm feeling guilty that I work so far that by the time I get home I have to take care of household chores and I feel that I'm neglecting my daughters needs. Has anyone experienced this and if so how have you managed to overcome all these overwhelming feelings. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
slsbrina
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2015 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

My advice is do what you can with your daughter, the house chores can wait. I am not sure if you have any family or friends that may be able to help you out with some of the house hold chores. Another thing could be give yourself a set time to do things around the house like 15-30 mins every day. You would be surprised on how much you can get done in that short amount of time. Sometimes you just have to let things go, believe me my house so clean and put together before my son. I have just had to learn that something's are just out of your control. 

blessedfamily06
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2015 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with the previous poster do what you can your working for your child just remeber that
Love_child3
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2015 at 10:11 AM
thank you I appreciate it :)
MominCa
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2015 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I work full time Sometimes it's hard. I don't do house stuff until my daughter is in bed. Some days I don't do them . But don't feel guilty about the house stuff. It won't go anywhere
MominCa
I work full time Sometimes it's hard. I don't do house stuff until my daughter is in bed. Some days I don't do them . But don't feel guilty about the house stuff. It won't go anywhere
MominCa
Reese2010727
by New Member on May. 14, 2015 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I work full time as well including some weekends. I wait until my DS is sleep unless its laundry and he helps me. You're working for her though..never forget that. I remind myself that I work to not only provide my son's needs but wants as well.

Love_child3
by New Member on May. 25, 2015 at 11:59 PM
Thank you, I appreciate your advice.

Quoting Reese2010727:

I work full time as well including some weekends. I wait until my DS is sleep unless its laundry and he helps me. You're working for her though..never forget that. I remind myself that I work to not only provide my son's needs but wants as well.

Love_child3
by New Member on May. 26, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Thank you all for your wise words, I truly appreciate them 😊
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)