Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 11 dd daily struggles.

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:18 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 304 Total Views
1 mom liked this

My DD is going to be 12 in a few days. I feel like it it has gotten more difficulty. She is high functioning. But when it comes to simple things like taking a shower its a battle. and when it comes to school and others kids. Everyday is a battle.   I am sure the school hates me for my phone calls .. Anyone one deal with this and how  do you handle it. 

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Apr. 21, 2017 at 5:09 PM

I sure have been there, with calling the School daily too lol .. Sure no doubt I drove them crazy too, do you have  a journal they can fill out after the day is over to send home with her telling you how she did that day .. My son's i.e.p I  requested them  to write a little note home to me, expressing how he did .. Not like that's going to help, due to who can we trust enough with our kiddo's, we as parents are still going to worry no matter what'  .. But you might wanna try the notebook or mention it, that way when she gets home, you can express how she is behaving at home, after her day at School & sending some of your concerns, back to them too .. They always seem to be awhole lot different at school then they are at home with us .. 
 Patience is a virtue, I have found, when my son was much younger, his fine motor skills, for self help were weak, same might be with your Daughter, there is hope, as years went by, he started to use his hands, after years upon years of working w/ him and showing him how to do it on his own .. Never give up hope they still continue to learn and progress, only slower then most .  p.s As for the shower, in getting her to like them more, try having her look forward to something after she is done, like something she doesn't always get , rewards work wonder's .. Everyday when my son would get home from School, I would have a little something in the mail box for him, it is a great motivator for them, still today the same thing, if he acting out , remind him he is going to be getting that car he wants  ( now it's'alivannn lol & I always follow through with giving it to him, after so long  of an amount of time, or score board w/ star's then she can get her rewards for doing a good job' . Good Luck Mams and your not alone :) . hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)