Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need a lawyer

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:38 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 224 Total Views
Does anyone even know where to start when trying to make arrangements for your autistic child to be taken care of should something happen to yourself?
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Jenn74
by Member on Feb. 25, 2007 at 12:27 PM
NO i dont know where to start but definitely know its something i think about all the time now...As she gets older and as I get older....Its a scary thought....
Pauladenise
by Member on Apr. 16, 2007 at 2:07 PM
a friend recently told me about a trust called a pool trust. The atty. that made it has a child on the spectrum as well. He had found that leaving the kids money was making it hard for them to get services.  He found a way to leave it and not hamper the persons ability to get future services. If you like I can ask my friend for more information?  We are in Clearwater, Florida
Merriweather
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2007 at 3:27 PM
We have a special provision in our trusts for our kids regarding special needs.  This was made before we began diagnosis of developmental delay with our son.  This was done by a private attorney, which is funny, cause it's not as if we have any MONEY or anything!Laughing  Just two wonderful children who make us laugh and cry!

I was at an autism fair this weekend, and I saw that Met Life has a program for providing for special needs kids.  Hope that helps.
Jodie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)