Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you stop fecal fascination ?Yuck!

Posted by on May. 24, 2007 at 2:13 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 422 Total Views
In the five min. I spent in the laundry room my autistic son Caleb,4 yr. non-verbal, has finger painted the living room windows with poop. He will not keep his clothes on at home and can get out of anything ,overalls, duck tape around diaper you name it. And potty training has not been very successful. I think he has learned that he goes straight to the shower when he does it. But I have to clean him fast because he has problems with MRSA, staph infections. Any ideas I'm losing my mind with the daily poop clean up!
by on May. 24, 2007 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Crazyboutmyboys
by New Member on May. 24, 2007 at 7:57 PM
My son is 5 1/2 now and we went through the poop problem for over 2 years.  I just tried to be patient with him and not get mad.  My husband was very frustrated, so I did all the poop clean up.  He has basically stopped, but he had an outdoor incident last week.  A year ago it was daily, now it is months between times.  I hope it gets better soon.
JANEPACHE
by New Member on May. 24, 2007 at 8:22 PM

well, i went to the poop mess too. Patience!! lost of patience!!! he will grow out of that phase, My son did. he is now 7. give him a year or 2.

BrittanyGL
by on May. 24, 2007 at 11:10 PM
we bought big onsies! they kept him out of it. also a belt. the main thing is (and i know its very hard) catch them and change quickly. grant eventually quit. he still does it for some reason some times. the thing that bothers me is that he goes strait from the diaper to mouth. which i don't get because he is such a picky eater. just don't get it. the best thing we do is when i got someone around like my hubby mostly i get them to hold his hands up and entertain him while i change him. that way we don't have it everywhere. he likes to paint my arms while i am changing him otherwise lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN