Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Any supplements for Behavior problems?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 252 Total Views
Hi.  My name is Darwyn - mother of 3 children, ages 15, 9, and 3(my mid life surprise!).  My middle child has epilepsy and PDD-NOS.  Lately, her behavior seems to be getting worse.  Now, her younger brother is picking up on these tantrums and actions.  Can anyone recommend any supplements or any ideas?  THANKS!
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
truetidefan2005
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:45 PM
Maybe try setting specific time aside for your youngest and make sure that when a fit is happening that he/she understands that it is unacceptable. Don't acknowledge the negative behavior, if you do you are in a sense rewarding the behavior with attention.
shellsie
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:07 PM
Hi-why don't you go on www.omegabrite.com. Omega 3 fish oils are suppose to balance mood swings in our children. I give my son that along with his ocd meds and his psychiatrist even recommended this supplement-hope this helps-shellsie
erinld2005
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:25 PM

I use Seablue Power with my autistic 3 yr old. It has vitamin B-12 in it. It costs like 50 dollars but we have had one bottle for over 6 months. you just rub in their wrists once or twice daily. you can go read about it or order at www.seablue.com.  We noticed in like 2 weeks that her behavior was better and more stable. she got angry less frequently and she seems to focus better. I lost the seablue once for a whole week and by the 3rd day on she seemed to be more out of control. Once we started the seablue again she immediatly became better behaved. It's very safe so if you have $50.00 to spare it doesn't hurt to try. Hope this helps and honestly I really hope you do decide to try it. It has helped us so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)